Acantho Flesh Injury

rexzo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reef fam,

I woke up this morning to feed the fish friends and noticed my Acantho had suffered an injury. The skeleton has poked through the flesh. I believe a snail fell off the glass or a hermit decided to climb on it. Other than the flesh injury the Acantho opens up and is responsive to feeding. It seems rather unbothered by the injury. Is this a cause for concern or should I just let it be to have it heal over time?

tank parameters as per Hanna test kits
DKH: 8.2
PH: 7.9
Phos: .04
Nitrate:8.0

Acantho is in low flow area receiving around 80 par.

97D697B5-B78F-4F65-AECB-2ECDC79A65E1.jpeg B557F012-53B6-4AED-B27C-C505F1FF6184.jpeg
 
Also, not a pro by any means but my first reaction would be check my iodine levels and if they aren’t .05-.06 you could dose with iodine to speed up the healing process. Don’t do it without checking your levels though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new