Accidentally glued my zoa

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe this happened I've not got a steady hand due to nerve condition but I was taking my time and it flipped upside down and landed right in the glue :(

I dipped it in the salt water almost immediately as I couldn't wipe it off but soon as the glue dried which was say max of 1 minute I peeled it off

What do you reckon its chances are it had 2 heads but both got glued

20210116_195235.jpg

OP
OP
CornishCrustyCorals

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I've peeled it off the body has gone very pale its the same colour as the glue :(
Heres a pic of before taking a poo :)
Was moving it to a rock which I am putting all my zoas on to keep it away from anything else
IMG_20210116_163707_411.jpg

OP
OP
CornishCrustyCorals

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its lights out for today so now I've got to wait. Hopefully tomorrow I can say it survived. When they close up they are so dang small. I used tweesers after this happened on the others luckily they all went well.

OP
OP
CornishCrustyCorals

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure on what zoa it is.
Lfs had it and it was a one off single head had it about a month or so and its finally got a pup. Glad it survived the glue looked great today

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It should recover with little to no deformity

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've glued many zoas / palys upside down. Sometime they retract after cutting so much you can't tell which end is which.

Most of mine just grow their head on top after a few weeks, Rather amazing creatures to have the flexibility.

OP
OP
CornishCrustyCorals

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea those ones with the long stalks were like that when I bought them. Think there gobstoppers they used to look like my profile pic but they were in the tank when it was cycling and they got the deformed skirt and changed colour. I've moved them all around the tank testing where they liked best and to be honest this is the only spot I can get them to all open. So I found the best spot for flow I think like you said maybe a bit more light. At the moment its 2 T5 led multilux lights but there is an upgrade that a company does which fits in my lid which allows 4 normal T5 lights giving me the option to have blues separate from whites. Or the other option is buy a fluval sea marine 3.0 and go LED and have full spectrum control which I think I will probably do although this means I will loose that standard lid or have to make something.
Either way thats an upgrade I will have to do another time as I'm looking to move house in the next month so I'm going to have the fun of moving the tank.

Back