Acclimating a new frag

Pennywise the Clown

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
613
Reaction score
584
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always bought my frags from my LFS which is 20 minutes from my house. Their frags are under Hydras as are mine so I have just positioned my new frags on the rock work and left them to it. All my sps have done perfectly well like this.
Today I received a nice Red Planet frag from an on-line retailer. The first coral that I have ever bought this way. The seller said that their frags are kept under G4 Radions at about 250 Par, which is similar to the intended spot for the RP. It is currently sat on my sand bed, polyps starting to extend after a couple of hours. How long should I leave it before moving it to its permanent home?
 
I usually mount them within a day or two. If they were raised at the same par where you are planning to mount them, acclimation shouldn’t be a problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new