Acro frag light acclimation

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some searching and found some old threads. I just want to see what people are currently having the most success with.

Do you start at the bottom of the tank and raise up? Do you glue right away?

After my last 3 acros from WWC bit the dust from RTN after a couple days, I bought more acros on a live sale from LRO. Got a frag of South Beach and PC Rainbow and I don't want to lose these guys as I have spent way too much money on acros this year. Bought 5 frags this year not counting the two new ones. Only 2 made it so far and they are thriving. I want the best chance at success for these two new frags.

Thanks!

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my acros I put them on my frag rack right away and it’s about 3/4 up the tank. So no I do not light acclimate acros.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t light acclimate, but I don’t dip them right out of the bag either. I set up a temporary qt tank for a couple days, rip them off the original plug, dip them and then mount them in 250-450 par

OP
OP
Crashnt24

Crashnt24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input, even the old poll showed majority just setting them in their final spot right away. Guess I'll do just that and hope for the best

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I light acclimate mine. First they come off the plug, get dipped then on the frag rack in a low portion of the tank. Slowly raise it to a good par then glue to its spot on the rock. Usually 2-3 weeks after first receiving. I have had great luck this way, but like all things there is more than one way to do it.

Back