Acro Guys - ATI T5 or G4 Radions? Show me your tanks!

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. It defies logic. I'll fully admit it. Maybe this thread was a good gut check to stick with the T5s. Another thread by boomcorals regarding comparison of kessil and t5/MH has yielded interesting results that has also convinced me to stay with T5s.
When my experiment is done there is a very good chance I’ll be selling that T5 halide giesemann fixture and replacing it with an all T5 ATI. My all T5 is performing just as well as the halide T5 hybrid. The T5 halide hybrid is better suited for a display tank because of the shimmer you get. The corals pop nicely.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my experiment is done there is a very good chance I’ll be selling that T5 halide giesemann fixture and replacing it with an all T5 ATI. My all T5 is performing just as well as the halide T5 hybrid. The T5 halide hybrid is better suited for a display tank because of the shimmer you get. The corals pop nicely.
Thanks Matt! I am much appreciative of your experiment as I'm sure a ton of other people are on this forum!

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling of wanting to change. Like today when I ordered a 6 bulb sunpower to replace my 9 month old Mitras lights :oops:

I need to get rid of the ability to change the lights. I can't stop myself from fiddling with the settings.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah! You got it, man!!
Grandis.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling of wanting to change. Like today when I ordered a 6 bulb sunpower to replace my 9 month old Mitras lights :oops:

I need to get rid of the ability to change the lights. I can't stop myself from fiddling with the settings.
You'll be totally happy with the ATI. No regrets!!!! Be happy now!;Woot
Grandis.

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I keep wanting to go down the same rabbit hole, but I can't tear myself away from the Kessil shimmer so I keep my industrial looking Kessil/T5 mess. rofl...

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per now, definitely T5 with led strips or hybrid fixture.
I’ve recently mount the old ATI 8 bulbs powermodule and I couldn’t be happier as acro grow and colors.
Since I’ve also enjoyed a lot the led effect I’m now looking for a hybrid fixture.
I don’t have space for a Reefbrite strip and didn’t want to drop 2 bulbs for a led bulb.
Stay with T5.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about 3 months into my Giesemann Halide/T5 adventure and I'm really happy with it so far. No noise at all, great shimmer and the PAR I get from two little 150w globes is fantastic in a 4x2 tank. I've had to move a couple of SPS down because they were struggling under the burn.

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5 growth. Corals don’t have time to color... it’s just growing like crazy.
e8cd81197d3ea7fe66343a41c7279103.jpg

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have the Radions over your frag tank, I was wondering if have given them a second thought for your display tank? I personally don't think they can make your tank look anymore amazing then it already does.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have the Radions over your frag tank, I was wondering if have given them a second thought for your display tank? I personally don't think they can make your tank look anymore amazing then it already does.
Thanks Matt!

I'm very impressed with the Radions from a customizable point-of-view and also the results have been fantastic. If they were in the $300-$400 range, I'd gladly switch to 4 over my 215 gallon and add some T5s. But for the cost of $700-$800 each and knowing I can run T5s bulbs for 18 months + now, not sure I'd ever make the decision to go all Radions over my display.

While I can appreciate the slightly more pop of color they provide, its not worth the money to me and I still prefer the more naturally looking color from T5s then the zany artificial but bright color from my Radions. It's just my opinion though as the difference between both setups is only slight to me and you'd only really notice from 6" away. So Radions are great for pictures and looking at your corals in a frag tank really close to see all the amazing colors it pulld but I still prefer the T5s for my display tank where I like to keep corals that look great from 4' away. Much of that finer detail is lost from that distance.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back