Acropora Id ?

Northwest_Scapes_

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,036
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up picking this piece today up at an LFS (unfortunately yes, the bottom part is dead. Although it did have good polyp extension at the LFS so I'm hoping it came into the shop like this) and does anyone know a piece that looks like it? It's got a purple base with yellow/greenish polyps

20210501_231007.jpg 20210501_231645.jpg
 
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get any answers for you
 
It's hard to tell at this size, but I would frag those two pieces and dump that plug asap. Just cut below the live flesh a little to give you a "post" to glue on a clean plug. No need to introduce algae into your system. I've seen tenuis and valida look this way under lite flow, but give it time to grow and see how the axial and radial coralites develop.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new