Acropora ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter sculpin01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sculpin01

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2020
Messages
840
Reaction score
647
Location
Greenville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought this guy 10 months ago from Unique Corals. It almost had a bottlebrush vibe to it although the rounded tips to the corallites suggest otherwise. Put it sideways on a rock in about 500 PAR and now it looks like a porcupine. Anyone want to venture a guess on species? The best I can come up with is Acropora elseyi. Thanks!

Mike

greentipacro3824_1 (nasuta?).jpg
Screenshot_2_13_22__5_16_PM.jpg
 
Last edited:
So I bought this guy 10 months ago from Unique Corals. It almost had a bottlebrush vibe to it although the rounded tips to the corallites suggest otherwise. Put it sideways on a rock in about 500 PAR and now it looks like a porcupine. Anyone want to venture a guess on species? Thanks!

Mike

greentipacro3824_1 (nasuta?).jpg
Screenshot_2_13_22__5_16_PM.jpg
Looks like aculeus acro
 
Good thought. I hadn't thought about that because the A. aculeus I have look more like these guys with rounded axial corallites:
Aculeus.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new