Acrylic tank damage during shipping

When you call them, use persuasive language. Stop calling it a "scratch." Refer to it as what it is-- a "deep gouge."
 
Now I’ll have to figure out how to offload the thing because it doesn’t sound like anyone will take it back.

I think it was mentioned before you could give it away for a reptile tank. Something non water.

Having said that if it was me I would take my sawzall and cut it into pieces and waste it. The manufacture is making me a new so no need to profit from it. It can't hold water so limited in what it can do.

Edit: this is, of course, that the builder said to waste it. I would make sure I have that documented before busting out the sawzall.
 
They’re rebuilding it. I just don’t want to risk it with where it’s going. Maybe I’ll have 2? Sounds like they won’t take this one back. 🤨thanks for all the input. Not looking forward to waiting again even though it’s only 2-3 weeks this time.

Not too unusual to not take something like that back. Sounds like they're taking you at your word and rebuilding the tank, but if there's even a chance of it not being usable they don't want to eat the expense of shipping it back. They can't sell a gouged-out tank as a new tank, so they'd have to sell at a considerable discount and that might not even cover the cost of shipping it back.

If you just want that tank off your hands, you could probably post it up on a local marketplace for a nominal fee and local pickup, and as long as you advertise that it's really only suitable for a non-wet application, you're still likely to find a taker.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new