Adding 9 fish at once!

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 DT, with basement sump and fuge, all total around 160 gallons. I have 9 fish coming from TSM soon. My current inhabitants are...
Yellow Eye Kole Tang, Ornate Leopard Wrasse, Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse, and 2 Striped Blennies.
I will be adding...
Royal Gramma
Tail Spot Blenny
Yellow Watchman Goby
3 Chalk Bass
2 Pink Skunk Clowns
ORA (aptaisa) File Fish.

(No I will not be quarantining that’s what I’m paying TSM to do so please don’t go there.)

I have enough isolation tanks to pair up maybe triple up fish. But do I even need to or should I? Would I be better off just acclimating and adding them? My tank is pretty peaceful with the exception of the occasional game of tag between Wrasses.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I also have an order from TSM, just waiting on finishing QT'ng. With the load you already have in the tank I see no problems as those 9 fish will not double the load, IMO.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, I also have an order from TSM, just waiting on finishing QT'ng. With the load you already have in the tank I see no problems as those 9 fish will not double the load, IMO.

Yes np adding all those smaller fish at one time imo.
D
Any concerns with aggression from current or future inhabitants?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may chase each other around for a little bit, but this is normal as the fish in the tank will feel that the new fish are there to take their claimed space. It will settle down. If you see some aggression beyond normal, then you can use a acclimation box, IMO.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will be fine. Have some Prime on hand and do a few ammonia tests for a few days. You may get it from the excitement of feeding you new fish and putting a bit to much in the tank.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 DT, with basement sump and fuge, all total around 160 gallons. I have 9 fish coming from TSM soon. My current inhabitants are...
Yellow Eye Kole Tang, Ornate Leopard Wrasse, Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse, and 2 Striped Blennies.
I will be adding...
Royal Gramma
Tail Spot Blenny
Yellow Watchman Goby
3 Chalk Bass
2 Pink Skunk Clowns
ORA (aptaisa) File Fish.

(No I will not be quarantining that’s what I’m paying TSM to do so please don’t go there.)

I have enough isolation tanks to pair up maybe triple up fish. But do I even need to or should I? Would I be better off just acclimating and adding them? My tank is pretty peaceful with the exception of the occasional game of tag between Wrasses.
Just dump em in, as long as your biological biomass can handle it then why not.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back