Adding clownfish and ywg at same time

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so my fallow period of 6 weeks is almost done after losing both my clownfish to what is most likely brook

(the loss of my clownfish story)
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/what-killed-my-two-clownfish-at-the-same-time-velvet.957614/

In two weeks I am planning to make the 8 hour round trip to pick up a few fish for my 20g long as I now have trauma from ordering online fish that I can't see. Will adding two clownfish and a ywg/pistol pair at the same time be okay?

Also bonus question for the future: I'm considering adding a midas blenny in a few months if things go well. Would they get along with clownfish and ywg? It's a 20g long so I think there is enough territory

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should probably be okay. Lots of rock? Many inverts? Tanks still been getting fed a good bit?
I think there is a few places to hide! I have 2 hermits, 2 nassarius snails, 1 turbo and a blood shrimp. I have been feeding a few pellets every other day for my cuc

Attachments

• A5427C45-D6FB-4430-9CA0-C1BF6FD7E458.jpeg
    A5427C45-D6FB-4430-9CA0-C1BF6FD7E458.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 20

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I also snuck in another question with an edit. Not sure if you can answer it but if you can please let me know :)
Midas blennies can get a little aggressive in small tanks. That said, mine pays no attention to my clowns or ywg as it is mainly a top of tank swimmer and a planktivore in the wild so different food niche. Mine is a 120 though so YMMV.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I also snuck in another question with an edit. Not sure if you can answer it but if you can please let me know :)
That being said, they're also not super intimidating fish. Clowns could easily assert themselves with it, and worst case scenario if your ywg has a hole home with a pistol shrimp it'd just hide in there more. Likely no REAL risk as long as ywg is settled before adding midas blenny and doesn't get chased onto the carpet. Tank is a little small for the midas, but I'd say if that was all the stocked fish could work

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That being said, they're also not super intimidating fish. Clowns could easily assert themselves with it, and worst case scenario if your ywg has a hole home with a pistol shrimp it'd just hide in there more. Likely no REAL risk as long as ywg is settled before adding midas blenny and doesn't get chased onto the carpet. Tank is a little small for the midas, but I'd say if that was all the stocked fish could work
Yes I’ll just be adding the clown pair and the ywg for at least a few months before the midas. I’m either sticking with just the clowns and ywg as final stock, or adding the midas as the fourth and final fish if the others settle nice and I think a midas could have a happy life with the remaining room!

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I’ll just be adding the clown pair and the ywg for at least a few months before the midas. I’m either sticking with just the clowns and ywg as final stock, or adding the midas as the fourth and final fish if the others settle nice and I think a midas could have a happy life with the remaining room!
Very reasonable plan, and considering how well you've clearly been taking care of those corals I'm sure they'll all have a wonderful life in your slice of the ocean. Good luck!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back