Adding new pump to EVO 13.5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jfoahs04
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jfoahs04

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2021
Messages
804
Reaction score
1,313
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of threads on upgrading the stock EVO pump, but I haven’t seen any on how to physically replace the existing pump. I don’t necessarily need to do it, but a bought a $13 Vivosun pump from Amazon as a backup to the stock. But now that I have it, I’m not sure how to get the old one out if I need to. My hand is too big to reach all the way into the chamber and maneuver, and it seems tricky to disconnect the hose from the elbow on the return nozzle. Anyone have any tips that I may be missing, or is it really this big of a pain? Thanks!
 
Thanks, tried it and it's super easy. A lot of the videos I saw were pump reviews, not necessarily installation guides. This was incredibly helpful. I bought the tank second hand and the pump was installed when I purchased, so I'd never taken it apart before.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new