Adding One or Two Fish Suggestions

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I’m looking for ideas for one or two more fish for my 90-gallon display tank. I have a few corals so the fish would need to be reef safe…..

Currently, I have a pair of clownfish, one court jester, one purple dotty back, one forktail blenny, and one yellow tang.

I’d like one larger fish, but very open to suggestions.
:)

Thanks for looking…….

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I’m looking for ideas for one or two more fish for my 90-gallon display tank. I have a few corals so the fish would need to be reef safe…..

Currently, I have a pair of clownfish, one court jester, one purple dotty back, one forktail blenny, and one yellow tang.

Thanks for looking…….
Foxface and Longnose Hawk are both nice in color. Foxface can hold it's own with a Yellow Tang. Should be ok with most corals.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Thanks for looking…….
Any Cirrhilabrus, Paracheilinus and most Halichoeres wrasses. I have a Foxface and only if you know you will upgrade to a 5’ tank or the tank has a 5’ diagonal will it be comfortable. Although yes the bellus is a Genicanthus angelfish, it’s not actually 100% reef safe all the time and some do take on nipping at coral I’d recommend a Genicanthus melanospilos or if you have money Genicanthus semifasciatus, these two are the more reef safe of this genus. The dwarf angels if you want a fish that’s actually risky with corals go for it however they do have a chance at being a bully and a coral nipper.
Other fish I recommend are:
- Tilefish (TIGHT lid needed)
- Chrysiptera damsels (These are more peaceful damsels)

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Cirrhilabrus, Paracheilinus and most Halichoeres wrasses. I have a Foxface and only if you know you will upgrade to a 5’ tank or the tank has a 5’ diagonal will it be comfortable. Although yes the bellus is a Genicanthus angelfish, it’s not actually 100% reef safe all the time and some do take on nipping at coral I’d recommend a Genicanthus melanospilos or if you have money Genicanthus semifasciatus, these two are the more reef safe of this genus. The dwarf angels if you want a fish that’s actually risky with corals go for it however they do have a chance at being a bully and a coral nipper.
With tile fish you need a VERY tight lid, and i learned that the hard way.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With tile fish you need a VERY tight lid, and i learned that the hard way.
Well, that’s with any fish that’s from 5-60 meters down (Wrasse, Tiles ect..)
They’re used to the surface being so far away so when threatened they dart up to loose the predator, they do the same strategy in the hobby but with the surface being so close they carpet surf

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, that’s with any fish that’s from 5-60 meters down (Wrasse, Tiles ect..)
They’re used to the surface being so far away so when threatened they dart up to loose the predator, they do the same strategy in the hobby but with the surface being so close they carpet surf
Yeah, I remember seeing them in the wild, a truly amazing sight, if you've got scuba gear on.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bellus angel nipping is an exception though, I heard a lot of people that say one of their tangs nip corals too. I have 8 dwarf angels in 3 different tanks and none of them touch corals

OP
OP
chiefifd

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, $$$ has its limits, I was "fortunate" to get a Biota yellow tang earlier this year for $149. I'll definitely check all the options given here, some of them I never considered.
Your opinions are exactly why I come here....;Happy

Back