Adding some blue to a 110 gallon

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eclyps19
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eclyps19

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2019
Messages
280
Reaction score
255
Location
Clarkston, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to narrow down my future stock list, and want to ensure that I have a splash of blue in here. What are some good reef-safe(ish) options to consider, given my list below.
  1. Clown Pair (already introduced)
  2. Carpenter's Wrasse (already introduced)
  3. Yellow Tang (already introduced)
  4. 3x Bartletts Anthias
  5. Magnificent Foxface
  6. Copperband Butterfly
 
what size Tank? That'a the deciding factor. You could go with a coral Beauty, PBT, Atlantic Blue Tang, Regal/Hippo Tang and many others. You'll need to keep an eye on the yellow tang for aggression if you add another tang with the same body type.
If it's not a reef tank you could go with a Bicolor angel (might even work with it being a reef tank.or a Niger Trigger but it might go after any CUC you have. Don't know how you feel about Damsels but there are plenty of Blue of those.
 
Last edited:
It’s a 110 gallon. Was really interested in a PBT but don’t want to deal with the stress of the added aggression. Hippo will likely be too large for my tank. Atlantic Blue could work, though!
 
Hate to say it but that tank really isn't big enough for tangs because of how they swim, they need length more than depth or height. I now there are alot of people that add them anyway.
Blue throat would be ok until it gets bigger, then you could get a bigger tank lol.

Sometimes I think I'm blind lol. Totally missed the tank size in your header.
 
Last edited:
I have in my 185gl. Reef
Chevron Tang
Hippo Tang
Blue Throat Trigger
Coral Beauty
Flame Angel
Lemonpeel Angel
& other smaller fish, Total around 10-15
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new