adding sump baffles

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to add a baffle to a already running sump...without draining it? I am getting a small amount of micro bubbles coming through. I built a rock wall around the return pipe and it helped, but not completely. I figure a baffle will finish it off.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it can be done sorry.
If you really want to try adding a baffle, perhaps look into the reef putty stuff some people use to attach frags and rocks together. I doubt it bonds to glass, but on the off chance it does, you could perhaps mold a small bracket for a pane of glass.
Is it possible to add a filter sock? That's probably the quickest and easiest solution.

BuildingAnObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have the full width to work with you can cut a piece of glass or acrylic to the width minus 1/8" - 1/4" and use a edpm gasket from the home improvement store on each side of the new piece and it will hold with friction.

McAllyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would have to be some type of rubber gasket. Any type of silicon or caulk would be toxic during curing time (and would probably never cure, since it would always be wet.)

Mac

BuildingAnObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has double stick PSA adhesive on one side. The EDPM is swishy and allows your to squeeze the pane into place. Certainly not
The most idea but works well in a pinch.

Back