Adding T5 with my Mh

Acezwild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 48x24x18 tank with 2x 250w radiums and want to add t5 combo with it. Would I want 4x t5s or 2? I'm also thinking of adding 2 LED strips to this set up also. I'm looking for more color and which bulbs would u recommend thanks much!

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean more color? I wouldn't add T5's expecting more coral color, but do add them if you want more intensity or want to tweak the color of your lighting. What type of bulbs will depend on if you want your light more or less white.

OP
OP
A

Acezwild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to suplement my lighting that I have now with actinics and in hopes to get the colors to pop out a little more. The growth so far with my radiums has been promising I have no complaints onthat but just feel I can use a little more glow in the colors

adetamor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are just wanting supplement and are currently running 20ks, I would recommend Blue+, Super Actinic, Fiji Purple (Basically anything in the purple spectrum). LED will increase intensity, but the purples will bring out some of your other colors too.

OP
OP
A

Acezwild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are just wanting supplement and are currently running 20ks, I would recommend Blue+, Super Actinic, Fiji Purple (Basically anything in the purple spectrum). LED will increase intensity, but the purples will bring out some of your other colors too.

So 2 or 4 bulbs which would be wise and which bulbs would you combo?

Reefinginpasadena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it will add more color and growth in my opinion if you add 2 blue+ and two purple fijis it would be really nice, i have MH and T-5s and i dont think i would ever run a tank without both ever again.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back