Adding Talbot's Damselfish with This Stocking List

Cetus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 foot 125 gallon reef tank and I overtime, I've been trying to find what the best stocking list might look like for color and all. Currently, I have a melanurus wrasse, a blue jaw trigger, and a firefish and they're all doing fine. I'm currently waiting on a pair of pink skunk clowns and in the future I plan to add a: starry blenny, a royal gramma, a copperband, a yellow tang, and a pair of filefish in the future. I was also considering a randall's prawn goby but I'm a bit afraid it'd get lost in a tank that size. I noticed however that it didn't really have a lot of 'dither' fish like anthias or chromis but I hear their survivability is pretty questionable. So, now I'm considering a trio of talbot's damsels since they're easy, they're small, and they add some more movement as well as a splash of pink. Wondering if this would fit my other stocking list of if it's maybe too much in terms of territory. Maybe to replace to prawn goby?

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine. I would add them last if you're worried. Assuming you have a good amount of hiding spaces in there as that is the biggest thing with mitigating aggression.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four damsels (3 blue devil, 1 azure) in my 160-gallon and they get along great. I did add the blue devils all at the same time, though. I've also got 4 anthias and 9 chromis which all get along great, so the 'belief' that they're always at each other's throats is often not accurate (at least in every situation).

OP
OP
Cetus

Cetus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four damsels (3 blue devil, 1 azure) in my 160-gallon and they get along great. I did add the blue devils all at the same time, though. I've also got 4 anthias and 9 chromis which all get along great, so the 'belief' that they're always at each other's throats is often not accurate (at least in every situation).
My concern was more so if they could fit in a tank that size without having too many issues. I was also considering anthias but I hear very mixed results for maintaining a trio of them long term.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My concern was more so if they could fit in a tank that size without having too many issues. I was also considering anthias but I hear very mixed results for maintaining a trio of them long term.
Sure. As above, just ensure they have plenty of hiding spots and places to sleep, ie: caves, crevices, etc.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back