Adding Tomini Tang to a Tank With Ich

  • Thread starter Thread starter TinkL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TinkL

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2022
Messages
82
Reaction score
27
Location
Tucson
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been considering adding a Tomini Tang to my display that I know has ich in the system as all the fish in there have had it when added since the beginning in a smaller tank before this current one. I never had the opportunity (mostly because of space and other reasons) to do a QT setup, so I never worried about it and decided to just manage the ich, and its gone well so far besides losing a new royal gramma to a damsel bullying it (and I assume ich eventually took it over because of the stress). Is it a bad idea to add a tang to a tank with ich? No fish have any symptoms currently, unless I do something really invasive and stress them out then obviously I see minor flashing... The only thing stopping me for the last few months has been this as I really don't want to kill it and I've heard all over the place that tangs are ich magnets. All thoughts are welcome, thanks!
 
I don't know anything about your tank but I am quite sure my tank has ich in it because I have not quarantined anything in over 40 years and I added a Tomini tang a year ago. So far, no problems but the day is young so don't go by me.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new