Adjust corals to light?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thedasher
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

thedasher

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
220
Reaction score
28
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just got a new light fixture for my tank. Im going from t5 to 3 mh bulbs and 4 pc bulbs. I heard that I would need to acclimate the coral to the light. Is this a must to do and if so how would you do this.
Thanks
 
I've had to acclimate corals to new lights several times and what I do is to use window screen and eggcrate.
I use the eggcrate to support 3-4 layers of window screen material on top of the tank.
Remove one layer of window screen every 4 days.
I like this way because once set up, there is no more fussing with the tank.
 
I've had to acclimate corals to new lights several times and what I do is to use window screen and eggcrate.
I use the eggcrate to support 3-4 layers of window screen material on top of the tank.
Remove one layer of window screen every 4 days.
I like this way because once set up, there is no more fussing with the tank.
Alright I'll try this idea out.
Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new