advice on how to keep a sand bed clean?

cwb_reeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
578
Reaction score
64
Location
Tampa, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you keep your sand bed look clean. I feel like after a day or two after a water change my sand looks like it did before I cleaned it. any tips or anything would be appreciated.
 
For me, controlling the amount I feed is directly related to how dirty my sand gets. I think it's a two part cycle. The first is quite obvious. The less I feed, the less waste there is. The second is slightly less so (this is a guess and has no "scientific" backup). I feel the less I feed the more scavenging has to happen, in that the less extra food there is in the tank the more my snails, crabs, shrimp, etc. have to scavenge for food and in doing so clean the sandbed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new