after 8 years, I found I knew nothing

Clint Eastwood.gif

Howdy and welcome to R2R. Learning from our life experiences is true wisdom. We are all on that path with our hobby.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Reefing is an experiment without a control- as every system is different. Other than constantly repeatable natural cycles, the equations created by our random choices and combinations of technique cannot end in the same results-so there is no one or right way to do things. Always learning and always listening. I do rely on 40 years of experience rather than internet experience-but there is always something new to learn if you have an open mind.
 
About130 days ago i bought a 200 gallon used acrylic tank to replace the 100 gallon reef tank that I had for the last 8 years.

it turns out that as I tried to get the tank set up with utilizing the used equipment and so on, i found i knew nothing and solved mysteries.

I have no friends in Palmdale that own reef tanks, and i assumed that i was doing ok.

these forums have helped me so much, that i finally decided to stop being a lurker and join in the conversations.

things I learned from the forums:
fish don't disappear, you are doing something wrong
get a phosphate meter
learned what a bioreactor is
learned that i did my sand wrong in the start
learned that i killed all my other coral
fish have recommended minimum tank size
GFO is a thing
learn to feed the fish better
and so on


(the tank's phosphates are still going down, so soon, i will have a clear tank)
20201115_133844.jpg
Hello and welcome back into the hobby.
 
Welcome to the R2R community
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new