Ahoy!

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to pop in and say hello.

I am new to the hobby, started taking my kid to the aquarium during covid just as a way to get out of the house as it was cheap and easy to keep your distance.

I got hooked seeing how entranced she was by the fish. My father had kept a tank when I was younger and I remembered helping out with cleaning and other shenanigans that go into a fresh water tank.

Then I remembered a friend of ours that was showing me his reef tank at the ren faire. At the time, it was lost on me being a few too many to the wind. Looking back, he was showing me his dosing system and his sump, lighting controls all from his phone. And telling me about the coral he was fragging and selling.

Once the image of his reef tank popped into my head, I wanted one. So I dove into research and have finally after a year and a half of digging, started my first “budget” tank. A small 10g aqueon tank presently housing a reluctant pair of juvenile clowns.

The tank is cycled, and I know for the clowns the home is only temporary. I am thoroughly enjoying caring for these two.

I have encountered some issues that I am excited to discuss with fellow hobbyists.

I am going to try and put together a tank build thread as soon as I can. But my kid may have other plans for the evening.

But here is a photo of my clowns, one is just being lazy. He doesn’t like to wake up in the mornings and will bury his face into the corner of the tank to avoid the light. (My wife loves him for this)

Never really been on a forum before so I guess I’ll just quit rambling and sail away.

~LandLockedJones~

CEB11D45-61E4-4A17-A337-067B07DBC80F.jpeg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back