Ai Blade end to end

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ghiapilot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ghiapilot

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2022
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
Idaho
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded my 36 inch tank to a new 60 inch. I have a 30 inch blade grown I don't want to go to waste and was thinking of getting a second 30 inch blade and connecting them under to end with threaded rod and 3d print a bracket. Has anyone done this or anything similar?
 
Just a follow-up if anyone else is interested in this set up. I traded for a second 30 inch blade and put them end to end, using a m8 thread to hold them together, then 3d printed a sleeve to keep them aligned. It worked fine for a week or so, but then started to sag in the middle. I was afraid the weight may pull the endcaps out a little and I would get moisture in the light. To solve this I have a single cable to hold the middle. Works like a champ and light is amazing!
20231029_161057.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new