AI Hydra HD lowered AB+ Spectrum issue

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm simulating the BRS AI Hydra 52 HD AB+ spectrum and I have a bit of an issue. I set the settings in the video and then pinched it down to get to 65W or 24k Lux over my 16 inch deep shallow reef. Problem is, the tank looks pretty white compared to what I heard which is it's supposed to be bluer. It isn't sparkling white but it's definitely not blue and since looking at a screen doesn't tell me the exact look my tank will have, I'm asking for your guys' visual confirmation.

Numbers after pinch scaling.

UV 103- V 104- RB 86 - Blue 42 - Green 5 - Red 22 - White 13

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your RB is low they had it the highest and you cut in half
I just checked the scale again and I definitely see that. I don't know why it drops by half. Maybe it has something to do with the number of RB LEDs vs UV and Violet LEDs in the fixture.

Do you own this unit? Have you noticed this scale?

Mikeht11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked the scale again and I definitely see that. I don't know why it drops by half. Maybe it has something to do with the number of RB LEDs vs UV and Violet LEDs in the fixture.

Do you own this unit? Have you noticed this scale?
I do not. I have 3 ai prime hd. I was just going off of percentage drops.

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha. I never knew you could do that. I just tried myself and does mine the same way. Ive always changed my numbers manually
Yeah the concensus is that you can choose your spectrum and then increase or decrease par by scaling. The problem is that I'm not sure about the ratios of scaling anymore from AI. What's the rational for chopping the RB so low.

Mikeht11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you were on to something with the nuber of led. Rb and b both have 3 led per puck and were cut the same percentage. UV and V only have 1 led per puck.

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you were on to something with the nuber of led. Rb and b both have 3 led per puck and were cut the same percentage. UV and V only have 1 led per puck.
I was thinking so but then how would that play into the RB being at Max 160? That would mean at the highest it would be blinding and at half way it would be severely underpowered. Wouldn't it? I'm a language person. I suck at math.

Mikeht11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with the white. It has 3 led and was also cut the same percentage as the other colors with 3

Mikeht11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I thought the brs rb+ settings for the primes had too much white for me.
I used all the suggested numbers but cut down the white to my liking.

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm guessing that the ratio for UV and V are a 3rd of the other channels. Hmmm. I'm wondering if there are spectrum shifts seeing that the scale varies the numbers so greatly.

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I thought the brs rb+ settings for the primes had too much white for me.
I used all the suggested numbers but cut down the white to my liking.
I was thinking the same thing! The Radions look much bluer on YouTube in comparison. Not sure about in real life.

Mikeht11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen radions in person. Most lfs around me run Kessil or black boxes. Its hard to judge colors off of pictures and videos. So many different variables, cameras, filters, ect. A few percentage to make the color the way you want shouldn’t have any effect on coral.

OP
OP
Saintnovakai

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen radions in person. Most lfs around me run Kessil or black boxes. Its hard to judge colors off of pictures and videos. So many different variables, cameras, filters, ect. A few percentage to make the color the way you want shouldn’t have any effect on coral.
Yeah that's true but you can compare with multiple vids. More or less the Radions always look bluer.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back