AI Hydra Lights On mode.

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I didn’t think I’d ever use the “light on” button for my AI Hydra 32. Figured schedule would be all I needed.

The other day I had some guests over and ramp down was about to start for the day and I thought I’d use “lights on” to extend time temporarily.

Thing is I don’t run my lights at 100%. When I pressed it my gonis instantly retracted and my fish were startled. I immediately returned to schedule. Gonis extended back out after about 15 minutes.

So my question is:

Is it possible to configure the intensity of “lights on?”

Didn‘t find what I wanted on their support site or google, but to be fair I’m also quite foggy brained today. I didn’t want to play with settings because I didn’t want to fry my corals or scare the fish testing.

plopezmd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I didn’t think I’d ever use the “light on” button for my AI Hydra 32. Figured schedule would be all I needed.

The other day I had some guests over and ramp down was about to start for the day and I thought I’d use “lights on” to extend time temporarily.

Thing is I don’t run my lights at 100%. When I pressed it my gonis instantly retracted and my fish were startled. I immediately returned to schedule. Gonis extended back out after about 15 minutes.

So my question is:

Is it possible to configure the intensity of “lights on?”

Didn‘t find what I wanted on their support site or google, but to be fair I’m also quite foggy brained today. I didn’t want to play with settings because I didn’t want to fry my corals or scare the fish testing.

When you are on the app page for the "lights on" mode, there will be two "dial rings". The outer dial is for the color spectrum (I think the colors go from red to blue), and the inner dial is for the light intensity (from black to white). I set the outer dial to about 14000K and the inner dial to about 50% on my tank. This gives enough light intensity for the corals to open without overdoing it. You can play around with the settings to get what you need for your setup. When you are done with the mode, go to the dashboard page and tap on "enable schedule".

Edit:

I did forget to mention that when you are on the "lights on" mode page, go to the top right corner of the page and tap on the circular icon. This will take you to the spectrum and intensity settings.

OP
OP
rhostam

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you are on the app page for the "lights on" mode, there will be two "dial rings". The outer dial is for the color spectrum (I think the colors go from red to blue), and the inner dial is for the light intensity (from black to white). I set the outer dial to about 14000K and the inner dial to about 50% on my tank. This gives enough light intensity for the corals to open without overdoing it. You can play around with the settings to get what you need for your setup. When you are done with the mode, go to the dashboard page and tap on "enable schedule".

Edit:

I did forget to mention that when you are on the "lights on" mode page, go to the top right corner of the page and tap on the circular icon. This will take you to the spectrum and intensity settings.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Are you using the Android app or the iOS one? I am using the iOS app and I don’t have the type of icons or options you describe.

Attachments

• 06430081-5EE2-4F3F-BB63-14BF08337AC9.png
    06430081-5EE2-4F3F-BB63-14BF08337AC9.png
    282.2 KB · Views: 47
  • B7959B18-DCB1-4651-AEFF-FE82B8EEFD4C.png
    B7959B18-DCB1-4651-AEFF-FE82B8EEFD4C.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 655898DD-865B-4F5E-820A-E96F1A7A19AE.png
    655898DD-865B-4F5E-820A-E96F1A7A19AE.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 37

FusionCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions.

Are you using the Android app or the iOS one? I am using the iOS app and I don’t have the type of icons or options you describe.
@rhostam

Instead of going into "lights on mode" go to "live demo". You will see the icons and settings there. I am using Android, but it should be the same in IOS.

When you go in the first page, you can individually select the color spectrum intensity, but if you tap on the top right corner, you can select the Kelvin spectrum that you like and the intensity.

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I would just drag your end point to the right, then when your friends leave, drag it back... I do that all the time :)

OP
OP
rhostam

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rhostam

Instead of going into "lights on mode" go to "live demo". You will see the icons and settings there. I am using Android, but it should be the same in IOS.

When you go in the first page, you can individually select the color spectrum intensity, but if you tap on the top right corner, you can select the Kelvin spectrum that you like and the intensity.
Hi again, thanks for the clarification.
Unfortunately, at least on iOS, “Live Demo” settings don’t correspond to or define the “Lights On” spectrum settings.

I guess I’ll just need to create a preset I use when I have guests over.

Cheers and thanks again,

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back