AI LED Light Problem

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a problem with my AI LED lights, I am sure its operator error, I have played with these things for a week trying to figure out what I am doing wrong, with no luck. This is a new tank and I am not running my lights very bright at this point. I am trying to run 3 light cycles

Cycle 1 Lights on 6am 12% Royal Blue Ramp time 10min. Lunar cycle off

Cycle 2 6:30am Royal Blue up to 14% Ramp time 30min. Lunar Cycle Off

Cycle 3 This is where I am having my problem's,,, what I want to do is go to 2% Royal Blue's for the rest of the night till lights on in the morning. I have it set up this way:

Cycle 3 7:30pm 2% Royal Blue's ramp time 30 min. Lunar Cycle off

What is happening is 7:30pm rolls around, I am thinking the lights are supposed to be ramping down for 30min. till 8pm and then they should be at 2% Royal Blue's for the rest of the night, till the next light cycle at 6am the next morning. That's what I think should be happening, what is actually happening is 7:30pm rolls around and nothing happens, the lights stay in light cycle #2

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What controller are you using? I control mine with the apex and it would come down to modifying a profile for you lunar cycle and just adding it to your if...then...statement...

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure what cycle is running when cycle 3 is supposed to be running, I was ustet that something was still wrong and forgot to look. I am using the AI Controller. I am guessing, and am most likely wrong :) that my problem lies with the Ramp up time or the Lunar cycle. I will say this, don't know if it helps or not. When cycle 3 is supposed to be running at 2% Royal Blues and is not, I can go into the controller, change the cycle 3 ramp time and the lights will stay at 2% Royal Blue's for as long as that ramp time is set for, then it goes back to the cycle 2 light setting.

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you need to add another cycle after the ramp time that starts and ends at 2%. you would need a cycle 1 to ramp, a cycle 2 to stay on at desired % if i remember correctly from when i used my AI controller.....

ermartin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you didnt list the other color's I assume they are ramping up and down as expected ? Is the controller set for the right model ?

I have a problem with my AI LED lights, I am sure its operator error, I have played with these things for a week trying to figure out what I am doing wrong, with no luck. This is a new tank and I am not running my lights very bright at this point. I am trying to run 3 light cycles

Cycle 1 Lights on 6am 12% Royal Blue Ramp time 10min. Lunar cycle off

Cycle 2 6:30am Royal Blue up to 14% Ramp time 30min. Lunar Cycle Off

Cycle 3 This is where I am having my problem's,,, what I want to do is go to 2% Royal Blue's for the rest of the night till lights on in the morning. I have it set up this way:

Cycle 3 7:30pm 2% Royal Blue's ramp time 30 min. Lunar Cycle off

What is happening is 7:30pm rolls around, I am thinking the lights are supposed to be ramping down for 30min. till 8pm and then they should be at 2% Royal Blue's for the rest of the night, till the next light cycle at 6am the next morning. That's what I think should be happening, what is actually happening is 7:30pm rolls around and nothing happens, the lights stay in light cycle #2

ermartin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am only using the Royal Blues at this point. I do have the controller set to the right model.

Ok well your setting are correct then. what i had to do when I got my controller was actually do a factory reset. It was very buggy out of the box. Also i believe they just released a new update to the firmware you might want to apply it as well if you have not done so. Also at 7:30 it does say on the controller that timer-3 is active its just the lights aren't dimming or does it still say timmer-2 is active again since you haven't programmed much i would FACTORY RESET

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update :) lights are working, the answer was to turn the Lunar cycle on during the last light cycle of the day.

Last edited:
Back