AI light on 20 Gallon Long

jaceykirkpatrick

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have a lighting question. I have a 20 gallon AIO mixed reef with one AI Prime 16HD on it in the middle. A worker at my lfs told me I probably needed two lights on it if I plan to have any SPS/high-light corals. My tanks is about 24x14x14. Should I buy a second light?
 
It all depends on how many high light corals you want to have. You can keep one right under the hotspot of the ai
 
There is a BRS video that shows the par rating and spread at various heights, worth a watch since you have one.
 
There AI Prime 16HD is enough for your 20G sps-corals ,before I also have the same tank and Light with you , the sps corals are very good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new