AI Lights on during internet outage

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI Hydra 26 HD in the hood of my biocube. It’s worked very well. Normally my lights started coming on around 12:30 pm. Last night at 4:40 am, the power went out. We have a whole house generator so that kicked on. However, we have no internet (we are rural and have WISP and the tower at the neighbor’s has no power so we won’t have internet until power comes back on). When I got up this morning, my lights are on. I’ve never had them do that before. Any idea why they’re on? I can’t use the app to turn them off or do anything since internet is out.

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI Hydra 26 HD in the hood of my biocube. It’s worked very well. Normally my lights started coming on around 12:30 pm. Last night at 4:40 am, the power went out. We have a whole house generator so that kicked on. However, we have no internet (we are rural and have WISP and the tower at the neighbor’s has no power so we won’t have internet until power comes back on). When I got up this morning, my lights are on. I’ve never had them do that before. Any idea why they’re on? I can’t use the app to turn them off or do anything since internet is out.
Have you tried to reset them? One of mine will do this sometimes if the power cuts. The button is located beside the input for power on the side of the light. You should be able to reset it and then add it back to your devices. You may have to redo the entire setup process (not sure as the one of mine that this happens to is a child and it always resumes that when I reset it).
  1. Disconnect the AI Light from power.
  2. With power disconnected, hold the reset button on your AI Light.
  3. Re-connect power and continue to hold until the indicator button begins flashing red.
  4. The reset button will flash blue/green if the reset has been successful.
If you reset them without your internet, though, you will still have to wait to reconnect with the app. It will probably turn that light on in its factory mode until then. That may be what is happening with it currently, too- running off a factory setting since it lost power and wasn’t able to connect to the internet to resume your schedule. I would try to reconnect it first when I got internet, (see if it changes to your schedule) and if it doesn’t work, then reset it.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back