Ai prime HD best settings

Tyguy35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4B6EB7EA-5DD1-4F3A-AF50-EDB30AFC7A8B.png
Hello, I am struggling to get the best look out of my Ai prime. I want my corals to pop. I am only keeping Lps with a few softies.
Here are my current settings. Any suggestions on better settings?

Thanks

BryanS4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search Google for AB+ settings and you will find some information. I run a program that mimics this setting with some small adjustments.

I’d play with dropping your whites and increasing Blues and UV.

xPhilx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Wondering how this turned out. I have a 24 gallon nano reef tank. I’m just getting started and purchased this light. I want the corals to pop and have the right light to grow. Thanks Neil for the link. I downloaded a couple of those profiles. Would love to hear some thoughts though.

Phil

taxiem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use David Saxby config for my primes and really love the light spread although I have removed the red an green completely xx

There are loads of presents on the AI Prime Hydra FB groups too xx

xPhilx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use David Saxby config for my primes and really love the light spread although I have removed the red an green completely xx

There are loads of presents on the AI Prime Hydra FB groups too xx

Thanks for sharing! How did you edit the configuration? I’m having trouble figuring out how to personalize the Karen Vazquez configuration.

taxiem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it difficult on my phone app to configure so log into the website via my laptop :D That way, I can change stuff with more precision and save it. I can't get the app on my laptop though as it doesn't have the corect app sotre for me to download it xx

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Deezill, did you check out this link? http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/ I downloaded a couple profiles from there I like.
Yes I like the David Saxby's but i would remove any reds and greens and Leon Tan seems like he has something good going. I am going to put new frags in and run either David's or Lean program but I am going to run it in acclimation mode for a while.

that_guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I like the David Saxby's but i would remove any reds and greens and Leon Tan seems like he has something good going. I am going to put new frags in and run either David's or Lean program but I am going to run it in acclimation mode for a while.

I’m running Saxby’s Clean version with a couple mods to lower the 1st 2 peaks very slightly & extended some low spectrums on the backend...been in acclimation mode for a couple weeks. Done in a week.

LOTS of cross flow water movement...mostly LPS & softies (zoas & rics) & a birdsnest up top. Mounted 10” above a 32 biocube. Everything seems to love it. Even have zoas up top with the birdsnest & some acans.

Quick question: Why remove reds & greens?

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running Saxby’s Clean version with a couple mods to lower the 1st 2 peaks very slightly & extended some low spectrums on the backend...been in acclimation mode for a couple weeks. Done in a week.

LOTS of cross flow water movement...mostly LPS & softies (zoas & rics) & a birdsnest up top. Mounted 10” above a 32 biocube. Everything seems to love it. Even have zoas up top with the birdsnest & some acans.

Quick question: Why remove reds & greens?

It’s my understanding red and green are used most by plants and algae. I have two tanks, one with red/green at zero, and the other at about 5% for both red and green.. both tanks grow a variety of corals from softies to sps.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am running BRS , with some mods noticed more color when i turned off the reds recently, but thats what it looks like after 7pm.

Screenshot_20180623-214039.jpg

Screenshot_20180623-214203.jpg

Screenshot_20180623-214205.jpg

Screenshot_20180629-112744.jpg

that_guy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s my understanding red and green are used most by plants and algae. I have two tanks, one with red/green at zero, and the other at about 5% for both red and green.. both tanks grow a variety of corals from softies to sps.

I’ve lowered them...kinda did a few peaks & valleys to match (just time frames) the Royals/Blues a couple times. Max Red at like 10% in the afternoon and then tapering off...

I guess I’ll keep playing. I started with BioCube LEDs so this whole spectrum thing is super new to me...

Benny Morosco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought there would be a preference on how to run this light on a mixed reef ! I do notice all the pre set ones don’t even use the full capacity of the HD on this light!

Reab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running BRS , with some mods noticed more color when i turned off the reds recently, but thats what it looks like after 7pm.

Screenshot_20180623-214039.jpg

Screenshot_20180623-214203.jpg

Screenshot_20180623-214205.jpg

Screenshot_20180629-112744.jpg
Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the sliders please. Thank you.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back