300 Gallon In-Wall + Fish Room / 115 Gallon Frag Tank

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@scott11106 I'm honestly thinking about running my drains like you have yours. Seems like you have more room running them into the left dump opening instead of like mine in the middle.
i personally think you will like it ALOT better as you will be amazed how much you will be getting under the tank and since you are doing the piping the way you are i think it looks good to show it off. you may also want to run some kind of wire chase or a way to zip tie them up as i wish i would have thought that far ahead...lol
looking gret though, just trying to think of anything i can as now is the time to change anything. once the system is up and running and livestock going in everything is harder to change

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i personally think you will like it ALOT better as you will be amazed how much you will be getting under the tank and since you are doing the piping the way you are i think it looks good to show it off. you may also want to run some kind of wire chase or a way to zip tie them up as i wish i would have thought that far ahead...lol
looking gret though, just trying to think of anything i can as now is the time to change anything. once the system is up and running and livestock going in everything is harder to change
I agree, this is my first in wall, so I'm used to working from the front with no plumbing in my way. I'll see how many more sch. 80 elbows I need to make it happen. I'm thinking I can switch it over with just 2 more 45s on each pipe.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the outlets moved it inside the sump, going to start making the apex mount tomorrow. Thanks again @dbl

20190211_181820.jpg

20190211_171055.jpg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the outlets moved it inside the sump, going to start making the apex mount tomorrow. Thanks again @dbl

20190211_181820.jpg

20190211_171055.jpg

Ah...that's much better and will make your life a lot easier.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah...that's much better and will make your life a lot easier.

Yep, and ordered a 30ft aquabus cable today for the dedicated circuit for the lights and heater, goal is to have the apex running this weekend

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you may want to think about using the weatherproof outlet covers to avoid getting wet or salt creep

Yeah I have a couple bubble covers, but it's like 2 feet away from any open water and below the waterline, so I highly doubt it will get any water in it, or near it

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know i thought of something.. you may want to put some 2" rigid insulation behind sump to stop any noise from bleeding to living space and also just in case there is water, moisture or salt creep that could start to occur in that area, just a thought as i did that around my sump as the salt or water does not affect or attach well to it.

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know i thought of something.. you may want to put some 2" rigid insulation behind sump to stop any noise from bleeding to living space and also just in case there is water, moisture or salt creep that could start to occur in that area, just a thought as i did that around my sump as the salt or water does not affect or attach well to it.

That's a great idea, I was actually thinking of that last night looking at raw wood. It's durarock so it's water resistant but definitely not water proof. I might slide some of the 3/4 foam I got at the house behind there, and maybe put some in between the outlet and sump, what do you think?

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great idea, I was actually thinking of that last night looking at raw wood. It's durarock so it's water resistant but definitely not water proof. I might slide some of the 3/4 foam I got at the house behind there, and maybe put some in between the outlet and sump, what do you think?
i think that is a great idea, if you are going to do it that way i would stick batt insulation between the studs as a sound baffle and then the rigid so the studs and durarock are not seen, that will solve all issues and keep it clean. while you are under there think about some sort of wire chase or rail as you will have lots of wires under there also and it would be good to mount the high and out of the way, even a rigid wire to ziptie things to might work

OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think that is a great idea, if you are going to do it that way i would stick batt insulation between the studs as a sound baffle and then the rigid so the studs and durarock are not seen, that will solve all issues and keep it clean. while you are under there think about some sort of wire chase or rail as you will have lots of wires under there also and it would be good to mount the high and out of the way, even a rigid wire to ziptie things to might work

I have a ton of those cable clips with the adhesive backs, plus zip ties. I plan to run everything up high.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rough layout, I will paint the board black fyi.. any idea @scott11106 @dbl

15500200247511680914507.jpg

Looks good now and will look better when it's painted...lol. Plus you have room for expansion because we all know there will be other things mounted on it...eventually.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remember that you will have all of your wires coming from the eb8's for each outlet and they most likely wont all fit through the one hole. i would most likely put a slot above the eb8's with a hole and run them all above the eb8

Last edited:
OP
OP
AiKkz

AiKkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remember that you will have all of your wires coming from the eb8's for each outlet and they most likely wont all fit through the one hole. i would most likely put a slot above the eb8's with a hole and run them all above the eb8

Good call!!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back