Aiptasia -X The Solution??

reefbliss2344

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefers-I have a query for ya. Recent coral purchases have infested one of my frag tanks with evil carrier pigeons know as devils fingers....commonly known as Aiptasia nems. I looked for solutions as I have in the past but I keep my frag tank fish free for chemistry purposes. Copper band...nudibranch...filefish..all options but I looked for something different.

Enter....Aiptasia - X. In a matter of days...with manual labor the nems are gone. For the most part. My concern is not getting the microscopic pesty ones which the livestock solutions would be seeing. Please let me know your thoughts whether I should cave and resort to the basic old school methods of pest control livestock. Thank you reefers... and as always....happy reefing!!!
17142565766729031877957935460111.jpg

Last edited:

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not gonna work…. IME those types of thing only make it worse.
It’s looks good for a week or 2 and then they come back even worse because you just made a million babies
Some folks say that, but I have great success with this type of treatment.

Sometimes they come back in the same spot after a few months, but never have I seen the treatment cause an outbreak.

It's firmly in the old wifes tale category for me. It just gets repeated over and over and over.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you guys noticed this, when you hit one or two with Aptasia X it's like the others in the tank hear them scream or something and start to retract even before you get on top of them. I've been using X for multiple years with decent success but these pests always come back here and there.

OP
OP
reefbliss2344

reefbliss2344

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate everyone's input. 48 hours later and I have a good handle on the sprouts. Even started seeing the microscopic ones. I started getting an eye for then like an old fisherman spotting bass. Time will tell if they pop back up with vengeance. I still may get a nudi to help in the background. Again thank you all.

dsh92056

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use aptasia-X if you want more aptasia. Get a file fish to destroy them. Just remember you can’t get to them in the overflow.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use aptasia-X if you want more aptasia. Get a file fish to destroy them. Just remember you can’t get to them in the overflow.
And that's how they get in the sump. You can get them in the overflow. Send some peppermint shrimp in there on a dangerous search and destroy mission like the Expendables.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back