Aiptasia

David S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you know a reputable source where I can buy?
You can also get them @ reefcleaners.org which sell other inverts, as well.
Been buying from them for years.
They sell the species of peppermint shrimp that will eat the aiptasia.
The one shortcoming is they are short lived; maybe 1 to 2 years. So you would want to restock, if they should die off.
A few months back, I ordered three. I intended to place one in my HOB Refugium. Unfortunately, two of them were DOA. The remaining survivor has kept the display free of Aiptasia.
IME, they are a far better alternative than the chemical additives or wands.
They would drive me nuts.

SCJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have great luck with Peppermint Shrimp in my small tank. In my large tank, lower, my hawkfish can kill 3 peppermint shrimp a day. He is also near impossible to catch

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have great luck with Peppermint Shrimp in my small tank. In my large tank, lower, my hawkfish can kill 3 peppermint shrimp a day. He is also near impossible to catch
I built one of these well over 30 years ago! Man-o-man did I miss out...lol. I needed one a while back to catch a couple fish, and I could not find my old one. When you have a lot of rock, it's so hard to catch anything in your tank.. I could not find mine, ( I guess I must have loaned it to someone again ) With that being said I built another one. And it works absolutely perfect. Total cost well under $10 bucks and anyone can make one in less than 30 mins.

Dollar Store plastic Jar $1.00 ---- They did not have a clear one when I went in. So I used a pink one.. IT DOE'S NOT EFFECT IT IN ANY WAY.. lol

Foam pipe insulation $6.00 ---- Ask a friend if they have any.. Or a plumbing contractor will just give you 16 inch chunk and then make three and loan them out...gezzzzz. Or buy a new bag for $6.00 Home Depot.

Neodymium Magnets $1.97 (each CMS magnets rubber coated) ---- Any magnet will work don't be fooled, just find some. 2nd hand store via garage sales, children's toys, Salvation Army or the Goodwill. It really doesn't take much of a magnet at all. But you need two...! One inside the tank glued to the jar and one outside on the yank string.

10ft String Free ---- 10lb braided fishing line with wood handle, white package string, old shoe lace- Nike's are the fastest.... A glue gun or super glue to glue foam to plastic jar and the magnet on the INSIDE of the jar.

I made a jig out of old scrape wood to cut the foam pretty straight I might add but scissors will work just fine. Works perfect 1000% I should have made a better looking one, and posted it here. I will soon but this works like, like a dream come true... Bait the inside of the jar and get ready to yank the string. Again for well under $10 bucks. You can make one for under $5.00 if you have any of these items at all. Enjoy it and use it... I just had to share this for all. Fellow reefers Happy Fishing!

20200301_161100.jpg 20200302_083520.jpg 20200302_083548.jpg 20200913_083028.jpg 20200913_082819.jpg 2.jpg

tommys78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per Aptasia: non puoi battere una Kleini Butterfly MA deve essere la testa blu, NON la versione gialla. Anche il giallo inseguirà il corallo, ma il testablu, come nella foto, mangerà l'aptasia come caramelle, quindi mangerà tutto il cibo secco e congelato offerto, colorato, amichevole e rimane piccolo. Noterò che un paio di persone che hanno ottenuto il blu avevano il loro kleini nip zoa. se è così facile venderlo o metterlo nella coppa poiché probabilmente gli aptasie sono già arrivati laggiù

1669774874713.png
Ciao sicuro che questo tipo con testa blu non pizzichi i coralli?

Translation:
Hi are you sure this blue headed guy doesn't pinch corals?

Last edited by a moderator:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ciao sicuro che questo tipo con testa blu non pizzichi i coralli?

Translation:
Hi are you sure this blue headed guy doesn't pinch corals?
If they do, place fish in sump as any fish has a potential to nip

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back