Alae on my palys??

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this type of algae? It seems to only be on my larger palys. I can even scrape them off or blow them away with high water flow. They are sufficating my palys :( does anyone out there have this stuff as well? or has come across it? if so please let me know how to get rid of it.

IMG_7294.jpg

IMG_7298.jpg

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know the type of algea, but try getting them in higher flow. Sometimes you can use a toothbrushto remove it or scrape off with your finger nail.

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this happen a couple of times to polyps also. Are there crabs or cleaners that like this and what would a good dip for those colonies? Revive, Furan2, iodine?

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have already moved them in pretty high flow and the algae or whatever it is is still on there. Not sure if theres crabs or anything that eats this maybe blue knuckle hermits, i only have some astrea and blue leg hermits in there they look like theyre picking at it but not getting rid of it. Have tried iodine dips and still nothing. What brand makes revive again? i cant seem to find it anywhere at my LFS

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have already moved them in pretty high flow and the algae or whatever it is is still on there. Not sure if theres crabs or anything that eats this maybe blue knuckle hermits, i only have some astrea and blue leg hermits in there they look like theyre picking at it but not getting rid of it. Have tried iodine dips and still nothing. What brand makes revive again? i cant seem to find it anywhere at my LFS
Is this normal? Cuz i have lost a few palys to this! I have some ope's that are getting choked to death ive tried various dips that everyone's using, no success :cry: man z&p's can be a pain in the ***!

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this normal? Cuz i have lost a few palys to this! I have some ope's that are getting choked to death ive tried various dips that everyone's using, no success :cry: man z&p's can be a pain in the ***!

I have no idea :(

This is my first time getting this stuff, i agree i love z's and p's but they really are a pain.... I already lost my Envy oranges which took forever to grow... Its weird cuz some colonies even though theyre right next to each other dont have it and are fully open and as happy as can be... I just dont get it :(

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another thread about carbon use, im going to start using carbon and see if that makes a difference.

xrayrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the exact sme thing happen when my phosphates get too high. Do you test for phosphates. Do you run a phosphate reactor?

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you might have zoa pox look at those little white dots. O_O

Im sure its not that :) i double checked and usaly zoa pox dont get on the palys. I have had them in the past and got rid of them with furan 2 :D . Are you talking about the white dots right on the top of the paly?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back