Algae Barn Pods

3mm3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy from podyourreef.com
The pouches are packed full of adult pods.. and after I empty the pouch in my tank... I refill it with tank water and let it sit for a week or 2 with a few flakes of fish food... after about 2 weeks.. the pouch is full again...and empty and refill again..

I am able to do this 4 or 5 times with a pouch

Thanks for the info! Never knew about this company.

ronmorales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a picture for those intrested. Supposed to be 5k pods.

IMG_0620.JPG

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you hit the jackpot... they must of been reading this thread and gave you a triple order! By seeing that you must be a very satisfied customer. Please tell your fish not to eat all that at once.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have bought pods only once from Algae Barn. I really never noticed anything about the pods. But in saying that last Tuesday I move a handful of cheato to my new build fuge I put it in a bowl and carried it Cross to the other room. There were litaraly 1000s of pods in it

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 3rd time buying Pods from Algae Barn and I swear there selling me just salt water, anybody else buy from them and notice very little life swimming around?
Both of my bags came full of the lil guys. No adults. But already seeing them in my tank. Very happy with my purchase.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess Algae Barn just won't learn that it has to improve the adult pod count in their product. This is not a new situation... it has been going on for the past year or so. I was buying their pods and phyto (which is good stuff) for 2 years and seen the pod count steady decline. Their customer service is excellent and will satisfy those who contacts them with a complaint. But some, like me, lick their wounds, don't bother and accepting what they get. What causes my blood pressure to increase is that soon this thread will get moved to the Vender forum and our posts to alert others will probably be removed and only glowing comments will remain in the payed Sponsor section of the Forum. For example - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-recent-order-experience.391334/ This is not fair to us that spend our hard earned money to only be, yup I'm going to say it, ripped off. My other posts about this issue have been deleted but one was how I looked at the just opened pod water with a quality microscope and didn't see anything but crystal clear water where I should of seen lots of un-see-able (new word I made up) babies swimming around. To be helpful my advice is to take your pod money elsewhere.
We're you not explained clearly enough about the rules in a vendor feedback forum? If your implying reef 2 reef protect sponsers and don't call them out when needed your sorley mistaken. Taking your frustrations out on this forum or staff because you didn't read the rules is highly uncalled for. Do you see your post getting deleted from here? Again, you were explained the rules and there clear for everyone to read when they join, including you.

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to help..

I found pod your reef after buying 5 thousand pods off eBay for 50 bucks... and receiving a huge bag of dirty salt water.. with likely no bennificial life in it at all...

I'm extremely happy with PYR and have an automatic subscription to pods once a month..

So I try and spread there name whenever possible to help out fellow reefers
I just checked out their site and “liked” their FB page. I’m going to give these folks a try. Thanks for the recommendation.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess Algae Barn just won't learn that it has to improve the adult pod count in their product. This is not a new situation... it has been going on for the past year or so. I was buying their pods and phyto (which is good stuff) for 2 years and seen the pod count steady decline. Their customer service is excellent and will satisfy those who contacts them with a complaint. But some, like me, lick their wounds, don't bother and accepting what they get. What causes my blood pressure to increase is that soon this thread will get moved to the Vender forum and our posts to alert others will probably be removed and only glowing comments will remain in the payed Sponsor section of the Forum. For example - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-recent-order-experience.391334/ This is not fair to us that spend our hard earned money to only be, yup I'm going to say it, ripped off. My other posts about this issue have been deleted but one was how I looked at the just opened pod water with a quality microscope and didn't see anything but crystal clear water where I should of seen lots of un-see-able (new word I made up) babies swimming around. To be helpful my advice is to take your pod money elsewhere.

We're you not explained clearly enough about the rules in a vendor feedback forum? If your implying reef 2 reef protect sponsers and don't call them out when needed your sorley mistaken. Taking your frustrations out on this forum or staff because you didn't read the rules is highly uncalled for. Do you see your post getting deleted from here? Again, you were explained the rules and there clear for everyone to read when they join, including you.
As stated in the other thread. When a user calls out a company on the forum, the thread is moved to vendor feedback. The vendor feedback is there so the vendor can communicate with the consumer and work out a solution to a problem. All other outside comments are not permitted. If you do not want the thread moved to the vendor feedback forum and dont want your issue resolved you cannot name the specific vendor.

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold on please: not to get in trouble with mods or forum rules...
The link to the vendor thread was used as a perfect example of the point I'm trying to get across. That thread was not started in the vendor section. It was started in the Sponsor Forum that is open to posts from all of us. The thread was about 2 to 3 pages long with discussions like this one... with both pluses and negatives. Nothing so outright bad was said other than the truth on the experiences of our satisfaction or dissatisfaction of the quantity of pods in the product. Matter of fact I even came to the defense of, now scared to say the name, that maybe they were having a successful business growing pains. The thread stayed up for awhile and than disappeared completely to the Vendor section but with only the post between the thread starter and the vendor. The vendor's exceptional customer service is all that is left and the issue is "put to bed" with nobody allowed to say "Hey am I missing something here". All of the other posts, - & +, were gone never to be seen again. Please tell me... what do you want me or others to think? This is the only vendor I have an issue with. Their pods are not inexpensive and defiantly not like their product is pictured. You say my post are will not be removed here on this tread, only on the threads in the Vendor section, which I fully understand the rules and thank you for your tolerance. But in the original Sponsor thread all posts were deleted. I don't know why it would be allowed to stay up here when this thread is exactly the same as the other. In closing, other than a little sarcasm on my part, this is my feeble attempt to actually help both vendor and customer. Take it as you find and as the Doggo the Puffer event proves that maybe I hit the target but miss the bullseye.

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The link to the vendor thread was used as a perfect example of the point I'm trying to get across. That thread was not started in the vendor section. It was started in the Sponsor Forum that is open to posts from all of us. The thread was about 2 to 3 pages long with discussions like this one... with both pluses and negatives. Nothing so outright bad was said other than the truth on the experiences of our satisfaction or dissatisfaction of the quantity of pods in the product. Matter of fact I even came to the defense of, now scared to say the name, that maybe they were having a successful business growing pains. The thread stayed up for awhile and than disappeared completely to the Vendor section but with only the post between the thread starter and the vendor. The vendor's exceptional customer service is all that is left and the issue is "put to bed" with nobody allowed to say "Hey am I missing something here". All of the other posts, - & +, were gone never to be seen again. Please tell me... what do you want me or others to think? This is the only vendor I have an issue with. Their pods are not inexpensive and defiantly not like their product is pictured. You say my post are will not be removed here on this tread, only on the threads in the Vendor section, which I fully understand the rules and thank you for your tolerance. But in the original Sponsor thread all posts were deleted. I don't know why it would be allowed to stay up here when this thread is exactly the same as the other. In closing, other than a little sarcasm on my part, this is my feeble attempt to actually help both vendor and customer. Take it as you find and as the Doggo the Puffer event proves that maybe I hit the target but miss the bullseye.
I can totally see it being a “suddenly so many orders” thing tbh

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Algae Barn is legit guys... you just have to supply phyto a good amount before noticing s difference. I think mine took about 4-8 weeks of dosing phyto, then BAM!! Finally an explosion of pods and adults. I bought the first batch and complained like you guys and they sent a second batch which allowed me to dose the phyto for a lot longer to actually see some results

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae Barn is legit guys... you just have to supply phyto a good amount before noticing s difference. I think mine took about 4-8 weeks of dosing phyto, then BAM!! Finally an explosion of pods and adults. I bought the first batch and complained like you guys and they sent a second batch which allowed me to dose the phyto for a lot longer to actually see some results
They send me a second batch of 5280 or whatever no cost.

I called them to make sure all was well and I wish I remembered his name but, they are so kind and chill. Sticking with them.

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They send me a second batch of 5280 or whatever no cost.

I called them to make sure all was well and I wish I remembered his name but, they are so kind and chill. Sticking with them.
Probably Lan. He helped me through a Chaeto crisis. Very good customer service. I’ve bought two orders from them and though I had no point of comparison, I felt the quantity was a little weak. I won’t ditch them permanently but I think I will spread my money around and give another vendor a try too. Pod Your Reef seems like a decent company and worthy of my business.

Brian Kennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. First post here. I purchased the refugium starter kit from Algae Barn with the 2 shipment option. First package arrive on Wednesday and the second the next day. It's supposed to be 5 days apart so the tank can cycle properly. Fortunately I had done a Dr. Tim's cycle a couple weeks earlier and think the water parameters were sufficient. I was left having to scramble to find a good light for the Chaeto. I emailed Algae Barn and still have not heard back. Probably my last purchase from them.

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allow me to be the first to welcome you to R2R Brian. You picked a rather untypical thread for your introduction and 1st post. But anyway enjoy everything R2R has to offer because its the best reef site on the web. Go to the Meet & Greet Forum, say Hello and you will see what a fine greeting you will get from the warm people here.

OP
OP
S

Steve Rudas Jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed!!!

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, you know why the thread was moved and acting like reef 2 reef is protecting sponsors while letting our members get ripped off is very bothering to me. As you can see your post is still here right? All outside comments will be removed from feedback threads, but you already know that. There's nothing wrong with calling out a sponsor and there's a section for that but suggesting the amazing staff members are being malicious and hiding the truth from the members is not ok in my book. Im all for members posting about there experiences with vendors, good or bad but suggesting R2R is protecting sponsors because they pay to be a sponsor is way out of line.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back