Algae Barn Pods

lejeune981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy from podyourreef.com
The pouches are packed full of adult pods.. and after I empty the pouch in my tank... I refill it with tank water and let it sit for a week or 2 with a few flakes of fish food... after about 2 weeks.. the pouch is full again...and empty and refill again..

I am able to do this 4 or 5 times with a pouch

OP
OP
S

Steve Rudas Jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pouches are packed full of adult pods.. and after I empty the pouch in my tank... I refill it with tank water and let it sit for a week or 2 with a few flakes of fish food... after about 2 weeks.. the pouch is full again...and empty and refill again..

Do you change the water out periodically and where do you store it, room temperature?

lejeune981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pod your reef company is just a mom and pops company.. super frendly..they have a Facebook page and respond almost instantly any hours of the day..

They sell tisbe and tiger pods.. rottifers and phyto..

Tisbe pods are 20 bucks for 6 to 8 thousand

Tigers are 20 for 4 to 6 thousand

And when you look into the new poches.. it deff looks like there is that many in there too... in my opinion.. the best pod seller on the market today

OP
OP
S

Steve Rudas Jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pod your reef company is just a mom and pops company.. super frendly..they have a Facebook page and respond almost instantly any hours of the day..

They sell tisbe and tiger pods.. rottifers and phyto..

Tisbe pods are 20 bucks for 6 to 8 thousand

Tigers are 20 for 4 to 6 thousand

And when you look into the new poches.. it deff looks like there is that many in there too... in my opinion.. the best pod seller on the market today
dang 6 to 8 thousand!! Awesome

lejeune981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks buddy
Glad to help..

I found pod your reef after buying 5 thousand pods off eBay for 50 bucks... and receiving a huge bag of dirty salt water.. with likely no bennificial life in it at all...

I'm extremely happy with PYR and have an automatic subscription to pods once a month..

So I try and spread there name whenever possible to help out fellow reefers

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to help..

I found pod your reef after buying 5 thousand pods off eBay for 50 bucks... and receiving a huge bag of dirty salt water.. with likely no bennificial life in it at all...

I'm extremely happy with PYR and have an automatic subscription to pods once a month..

So I try and spread there name whenever possible to help out fellow reefers

How much do they charge total with shipping?

Cliffsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some tisbe pods in the mail.. they will be here Monday or tuesday.. unless I forget (happens alot)
I'll take a few pictures and a video of the pouch of pods and post it here.. so you g all can see the quality and quantity of pods in a pouch

That would be very nice.

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess Algae Barn just won't learn that it has to improve the adult pod count in their product. This is not a new situation... it has been going on for the past year or so. I was buying their pods and phyto (which is good stuff) for 2 years and seen the pod count steady decline. Their customer service is excellent and will satisfy those who contacts them with a complaint. But some, like me, lick their wounds, don't bother and accepting what they get. What causes my blood pressure to increase is that soon this thread will get moved to the Vender forum and our posts to alert others will probably be removed and only glowing comments will remain in the payed Sponsor section of the Forum. For example - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-recent-order-experience.391334/ This is not fair to us that spend our hard earned money to only be, yup I'm going to say it, ripped off. My other posts about this issue have been deleted but one was how I looked at the just opened pod water with a quality microscope and didn't see anything but crystal clear water where I should of seen lots of un-see-able (new word I made up) babies swimming around. To be helpful my advice is to take your pod money elsewhere.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back