Algae blenny

Whysosalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright y’all, I have an algae blenny but I want to know what other blenny if any can I add to my 60 gallon cube tank? I also have one mandarin goby, two bonded orange spotted gobies and a neon blue goby in that tank. Thanks

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 60 I can't recommend adding another blenny. They tend to be very territorial and the established one will most likely terrorize the new one.

Nezmo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sailfin blenny in a 120. He rules the tank, and I wouldn't think of trying another. You might consider a nice firefish, it should fit in with what you have, and they make a nice splash of color.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. A starry blenny won't tolerate another perching blenny. You could try a fang blenny. They don't perch and have a mildly venomous bite for defense. The grammistes blenny is my favorite of the fang blennies.

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm debating pulling my LM out when I upgrade to the larger tank. He doesn't eat much in the way of algae anymore, since he has decided he likes a more meaty diet and actively goes after the mysis or live brine and feeder shrimp. He does totally ignore my green spotted mandarin, but he absolutely hates my fork tail blenny. I regularly see him chasing the fork tail off when he sees him near the rock. When he isn't doing that he's perching on various Zoa colonies or some of my mushrooms and "dances" at the front center of the tank. He manages to push almost all the sand back to the middle of the tank and I have to go back behind him and shift it back. It doesn't matter if I put smallish rocks there to block him, he wiggles down between them and the glass and managed to push the rocks back away. He has even nipped my fingers a few times when I go to move the rock and sand back after he has moved them. He is the single most annoying fish I have now.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back