Algae Control

  • Thread starter Thread starter Larsen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Larsen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2011
Messages
184
Reaction score
2
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just what to know what you think the best algae control is to keep your tank sparkly CLEAN. (it could be a combination of things)
 
Ok I'll play!

1. No over feeding
2. Good skimming
3. Good clean-up crew
4. Frequent water changes
5. Use of RO/DI water
 
I agree with the above. I had a terrible problem with phosphates leaching like crazy from my live rock. I didn't do a water change for 3 months and completely neglected my tank. Even with 4 months of weekly 20% water changes with rodi water I was having issues with major cyano. Phosphates were crazy hi. I tried Dr.Tims waste-away. I'm not a fan of chemical treatment or antibiotic treatment. But this is a bacterial replacement treatment. It worked and raised my orp as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new