Algae/Cyano Issue Not Improving, Help Please?

Sorry to bring one back from the dead but after reading a few of these Rip threads I’m convinced I need to do this to my 20. I’m battling GHA and manual removal just isn’t doing it.

Process seems simple and gives me an excuse to go Bare Bottom.

@brandon429 always comes through with some good info.
 
I give you my word if done right it’s the perpetual fountain of youth for tanks, thank you for posting this is a great example thread for the process

The system lighting is overpowered in nearly all gha cases, once that light level drops and sustains after the cleaning it should help


I’ve cheated my pico reef into living twenty years with rip cleans every 2 years

Is it a cheat to normal reefing? Yes

Do I know a better way, so that every two years rip cleans aren’t needed? No

The results are acceptable to the work load. The results are so tight ranged they can be recommended to others with little variation in outcome…rip cleaned reefs are happy ones.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new