Algae ID! (Multiple)

  • Thread starter Thread starter bherbold8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bherbold8

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2021
Messages
128
Reaction score
50
Location
Austin, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all! After a long battle with Dino's I'm dealing with at least a couple of other strands. I know I have green hair algae and some minimal bubble algae (only on glass now). Does anyone think they see some turf algae and or green cyano mixed in? Would appreciate any input!! IMG_9125.jpeg IMG_9124.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9128.mov
    24.3 MB
It's really hard to tell from the pictures. The green surface algae is likely normal algal growth - sometimes this gets replaced with coralline algae eventually. The bright, clearish green algae - is it little flat blades of algae? There's a form of Ulva (most likely) that's been popping up a lot recently. If so, what I found that eats it is most of the bubble algae eaters - Foxface, some Tangs, Emerald Crabs, and Pithos crabs. I've had some hermits eat it as well. Mine eventually went away on its own.
 
Nevermind, after looking at the video I see turf algae and GHA. There might be some other stuff in there as well but those are the two main ones I'm seeing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new