Algae ID, Please Help! (see photos)

AustinC63

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
39
Location
Jacksonville Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Need help ID'ing this nuisance algae in my tank. It starts as a small round bump, then appears to start growing a stalk/stem. It is a light green/yellow color and can apparently grow with next to no light as its inside of caves in my rockwork. Please help!

I'm thinking maybe bubble algae or caulerpa racemosa? IDK I'm a noob, school me

1630692382989.png
1630692434605.png
1630692462945.png
1630692496880.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new