Algae Reactor

aabjones888

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following along, seems cool, real cool that there going to get u a new tube also. Pretty sweet

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glass tube will replace acrylic, acrylic cracking and will leak eventually

jack89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that copper heat sink they gave ??

I am interested in getting one for myself since long .....

jack89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper is not suppose to be good for reef tank. I know this is not gonna touch the water but still its better to be safe than sorry..

abinder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clear heat shrink from ebay does the job.
Don't know if you are saying putting clear heat shrink over the copper or what you mean, but covering the copper heat sink will make it much less efficient since air isn't able to easily pass by the heat sink to draw away the heat.

Allen

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the UK and have known this company for many years. They do tend to have issues with their equipment when first introduced as it seems development time is not enough hence the inner acrylic tube cracking but they will eventually resolve any issues. I have just PMd them on eBay asking of they can provide some idea of tank capacity for each of the 3 models listed and suggested they do a YouTube video of a reactor installation and working.

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if you are saying putting clear heat shrink over the copper or what you mean, but covering the copper heat sink will make it much less efficient since air isn't able to easily pass by the heat sink to draw away the heat.

Allen
led goes on copper, and heat shrink goes over that installation.

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will not get good efficient heat dissipation using heat shrink over that. Heat shrink should be exposed to air, not covered.
relax mate, aluminium top end exposed to air not covered, have some faith in people

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is growing grape caulerpa just fine I pull about 2 cups out weekly. I'm actually in contact with them to make me a very large one (5 feet tall). Reason I need a large one is for a large tank I'm setting up soon that will be mostly angels and butterflies.

melmel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been thinkng about doing a diy reactor with a 150 phosban reactor, have you guys been getting algae growth on the inside chamber that has to be cleaned every week?

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in discussion with Dave (the owner) about a few ideas I have which he is looking into. One of the things I have asked him to do is a YouTube video of assembly and running of one of the reactors. We are in discussion about a couple of improvements I have put forward for consideration but as these developments are in the very early stages I don't think they warrant revealing here at this stage.

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in discussion with Dave (the owner) about a few ideas I have which he is looking into. One of the things I have asked him to do is a YouTube video of assembly and running of one of the reactors. We are in discussion about a couple of improvements I have put forward for consideration but as these developments are in the very early stages I don't think they warrant revealing here at this stage.
What improvements?

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What improvements?
I guessed you missed the last line of my post so I will post it here just for you.
Quote "as these developments are in the very early stages I don't think they warrant revealing here at this stage."

OP
OP
olegaz

olegaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guessed you missed the last line of my post so I will post it here just for you.
Quote "as these developments are in the very early stages I don't think they warrant revealing here at this stage."
I thought we are here to share experience and ideas, i don't understand what is so top secret u can't share. And about YouTube video don't think it's necessary, water goes in from the bottom out from the top, lights and that's about it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back