Algae won’t stop growing

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would kill the lights for a week and apply Flux to the tank and are you using tAP water from the faucet?
Is tank at or near a window?

OP
OP
KaidenGilbert20g

KaidenGilbert20g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would kill the lights for a week and apply Flux to the tank and are you using tAP water from the faucet?
Is tank at or near a window?
I have coral so can I kill the light for a week? And I’m using the filtered fish water and yes it is and I had it open but I’ll will remain closed with the black out curtains over it from now on

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have coral so can I kill the light for a week? And I’m using the filtered fish water and yes it is and I had it open but I’ll will remain closed with the black out curtains over it from now on
Yes- thats why I said 10%. Should be zero

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have about 20 (3 Nassarius snails, 1 turbo, 9 astrea, 2 cerith, and 6 nerites) , a emerald crab, 3 hermit crabs, and two sand sifting gobys but the algae is still outrageous and I also have a protein skimmer on it and its a 20 gallon tank running a kessil a150w ocean blue light . So what should I do??
If nutrients are low then it's most likely the gha soaking them up.

I personally find the delicate balancing of exporting just enough without having params bottoming out very difficult. In order to not dose anything and avoid the constant param changes involved with slightly over exporting to remove the leached nutrients from dead algae, I have grown to prefer blackouts for these occasions. You don't necessarily need to wrap the tank or anything, a week or very low (only blues at 5-15%) works great to get the upper-hand and shift the balance back in favor to bacteria.

OP
OP
KaidenGilbert20g

KaidenGilbert20g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If nutrients are low then it's most likely the gha soaking them up.

I personally find the delicate balancing of exporting just enough without having params bottoming out very difficult. In order to not dose anything and avoid the constant param changes involved with slightly over exporting to remove the leached nutrients from dead algae, I have grown to prefer blackouts for these occasions. You don't necessarily need to wrap the tank or anything, a week or very low (only blues at 5-15%) works great to get the upper-hand and shift the balance back in favor to bacteria.
Okay definitely will try

OP
OP
KaidenGilbert20g

KaidenGilbert20g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Got the RO system filling

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 149 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back