All fish dying but corals are still healthy

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good post there my friend. Like most of us that quarantine you thought you would get away with it and did for some time until one day your luck ran out... Some people continue to be very lucky but a parasite or disease will catch most out eventually.

As you say, we think nothing of spending hundreds, sometimes even thousands of dollars on our tanks but are loathe to spend even a small amount on something that could save you a whole lot of time, money and heartache in the long run.
It is funny how everything would have been fine had I not purchased a $7 fish. However, had it not been that, something would have caught up with me eventually.

graffitireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post is tough. I feel for ya man. I made a similar mistake early on in my reefkeeping days. Gambled on a $30 fish and lost. Set up a QT before adding new additions ALWAYS. Now I dont take any chances and always do a freshwater dip, put in QT and then dose cupramine after a couple days. You dont need a $100 QT tank. Buy a used 20 gal. cheapo heater, some pvc pipe and a hob filter. I QT fish for no less than 2 weeks. Its well worth it.

Dont be discouraged. It happens. Just learn from it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back