all for reef with red sea foundation B(alk)?

reefer369

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently dosing 1ml of All For Reef daily and testing seem high on cal (~450-500) and mag (~ 1500). alk is ~8.5-9dkh. AFR direction said lower AFR and dose balling part B if high on Ca and low or same on alk. so I will cut to 0.5ml daily

But can I dose red sea foundation B (alk) instead of tropic marin balling part B?

I have new nano 15G tank 2 months old. 7 corals of soft and LPS with no fish right now (fishes got ich pulled out to QT)

also does anyone knows what is this on rock (picture)? that piece of rock from the coral seller has yuma mushroom attached to it. I didnt want to take coral off might damage tissue

PXL_20231024_203443015.jpg

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, why do you want to raise Alk. All for Reef states once Alk levels hit 9kh and calcium mg, 440-1350 your good.
Mg is a little higher but at 1500 that’s spot on and calc is only 10pm above the statement

Also I just created a thread about dosing Alk to systems that aren’t fully stocked. If your corals are soaking up a lot of Alk or your tank isn’t over stocked with coral I wouldn’t start dosing Alk until one of those happen

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can dose whatever product you want, even make your own (much cheaper and basically the same) but only dose what’s needed after testing and your current alkalinity is fine.

So with all the elements only add them when you’ve tested and found they are needed and then just adjust as necessary.

And welcome to Reef2Reef!

OP
OP
R

reefer369

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, why do you want to raise Alk. All for Reef states once Alk levels hit 9kh and calcium mg, 440-1350 your good.
Mg is a little higher but at 1500 that’s spot on and calc is only 10pm above the statement

Also I just created a thread about dosing Alk to systems that aren’t fully stocked. If your corals are soaking up a lot of Alk or your tank isn’t over stocked with coral I wouldn’t start dosing Alk until one of those happen
I was just thinking about balancing them out. also I will add more corals somewhere next month, around 6-7 more maybe. But for now I'll listen to your guys and keep those number just like that.
tks

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how bad could it be? will it spreads out of control and crash the tank?
Welcome! Those snails do spread like crazy but won’t crash a tank! What they do, is irritate corals by shooting out webs and catching food..

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best to deal with it now before it spreads. If you start getting a lot get some bumblebee snails. After adding bumblebee snails I have not seen any in my tank in over a year.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back