OP
shivram

shivram

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone spray any aerosols recently? Anything that could have gotten into the tank?
OMG yes... i sprayed insect killer areosol in the nearby to to kill insect...will that b the reason

drivingmecrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ammonia - 0
Nitrate - 50ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm

This is my report .. how do i know if its lack of oxygen ?
Buy your self or go to a LFS, Petco, Feeders Supply and test for oxygen. Should be at least 8.

Still need a oxygen test but check your PH if its low that may be a sign. Also Calcium and Alkalinity will all be affected. My ALK was sky high 14 and all my Acroporia was loosing flesh I could not figure out why my alk was so high and calcium so low.

I performed multiple water changes about three times a week. It took me about a month to figure out Oxygen level was low. Outside air verses inside air.
From my experience, my fish were about the same size of yours and they were alive, but in a few hours all dead.

I'm sorry about your loss most of us has all been there. Now I perform weekly test for all water parameters I use Saliferts one hard lesson for me. Hints the name driving me crazy.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG yes... i sprayed insect killer areosol in the nearby to to kill insect...will that b the reason

How much was sprayed and how close was it? Some of these insect killers are extremely lethal to fish.

OP
OP
shivram

shivram

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much was sprayed and how close was it? Some of these insect killers are extremely lethal to fish.
It was sprayed a lot in near by room , but my aquarium have top closing case with only exhaust fan

OP
OP
shivram

shivram

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is the reason why dint my hermit crab die ?

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/nitrate-too-high.412614/

Copper:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/copper-side-effects.429017/

Ich:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-to-cure-ich.422009/

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You need to slow down.

My advice:
If there's anything still alive in the tank, do it a favor and give it back to the store where you purchased it.
Let the tank sit with no livestock for 4 months. It's a 170g tank, so change about 20g of water once a month. Run the lights as normal, as if the tank had corals and fish in it. Don't add any fish or animals. Don't add any corals. Just see if you can get it balanced and stable first.

After 4 months, test your water parameters and start a new thread to discuss.

I know some people are going to say that's crazy or stupid. Let's see if we can get a tank full of water stabilized and get some coraline algae growing first. No sense killing more innocent animals and tossing money down the drain. Back to basics -- stabile tank parameters first--- for as long as it takes to get stable. Then ONE step forward. Not 8 steps in a month. ONE.

This is so sad for me to read. It's not necessary to go about all this senseless killing of animals. You can't kill enough and eventually the strong ones will show up and survive. You have to get a stable tank first and then go very slowly. This poster started the first post about finishing the cycle in June 2018. Here we are 3 months later -- not 4 -- THREE months later and we have numerous dead animals - random dosing of chemicals with no idea why or what they do or how they react.

Want to start another thread and see if you get any better answers from that one? (SMH)

Last edited:

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious...I see you have been posting ich and velvet problems since July that I can see. Did you ever set up a quaratine tank and properly medicate and let your display sit empty for the proper amount of time that was suggested on earlier posts?

I am guessing the insect killer isn't the issue, it sounds like you need to eliminate the parasites. Everytime you add a fish the clock starts over and you subjected another fish to an unnecessary death. Not bagging on you, but please slow down an listen to these folks that are trying to help.

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A
Nitrates:

Copper:

Ich:

My advice:
If there's anything still alive in the tank, do it a favor and give it back to the store where you purchased it.
Let the tank sit with no livestock for 4 months. It's a 170g tank, so change about 20g of water once a month. Run the lights as normal, as if the tank had corals and fish in it. Don't add any fish or animals. Don't add any corals. Just see if you can get it balanced and stable first.

I know some people are going to say that's crazy or stupid. Let's see if we can get a tank full of water stabilized and get some coraline algae growing first. No sense killing more innocent animals and tossing money down the drain. Back to basics -- stabile tank parameters first--- for as long as it takes to get stable. Then ONE step forward. Not 8 steps in a month. ONE.

This is so sad for me to read. It's not necessary to go about all this senseless killing of animals. You can't kill enough and eventually the strong ones will show up and survive. You have to get a stable tank first and then go very slowly. This poster started the first post about finishing the cycle in June 2018. Here we are 3 months later -- not 4 -- THREE months later and we have numerous dead animals - random dosing of chemicals with no idea why or what they do or how they react.

Want to start another thread and see if you get any better answers from that one? (SMH)

AND WE WONDER WHY PEOPLE ARE SOOO AFRAID TO POST ISSUES ON THIS FORUM....YOUR STATEMENTS ARE VERY UNNECASSARY.

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get a full tank shot? I know that sounds irrelevant but perhaps there’s something else going on with your tank than an experienced reefer can see.

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates:

Copper:

Ich:

My advice:

+1

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A

AND WE WONDER WHY PEOPLE ARE SOOO AFRAID TO POST ISSUES ON THIS FORUM....YOUR STATEMENTS ARE VERY UNNECASSARY.

People are afraid to post on here? News to me...

RC's comments may have been a little direct, but in this situation, it's what's needed.

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, occasionally people seem to disregard the thought that goes into the posts here which are all meant to be helpful and informative. If someone gets a little testy about their own and other’s advice being ignored (especially if it effects the life of the thing we are all here for, fish and corals) then I think that’s ok (as long as they don’t go too crazy I guess).

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never spray anything in the house , my tank is at first flow, i only spray screen screen at 2nd floor out strictly outside . !

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy your self or go to a LFS, Petco, Feeders Supply and test for oxygen. Should be at least 8.

Still need a oxygen test but check your PH if its low that may be a sign. Also Calcium and Alkalinity will all be affected. My ALK was sky high 14 and all my Acroporia was loosing flesh I could not figure out why my alk was so high and calcium so low.

Oxygen does not have anything to do with your pH or alkalinity.

Carbon dioxide plays a part, you can have high CO2 effect those levels but it does not tell you anything about your oxygen levels.

Many people make this mistake, I think because we think about the relationship between O2 and CO2 in our breathing but that's not what's going on in our tanks.

I'm not saying you didn't have low oxygen, only that it is unrelated to alkalinity and pH
levels/issues.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry for your losses, unfortunately if you use used spray close to the tank part of the toxins will end in the tank. Pest control companies cover fish tanks when they do services. Sorry again.

drivingmecrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oxygen does not have anything to do with your pH or alkalinity.

Carbon dioxide plays a part, you can have high CO2 effect those levels but it does not tell you anything about your oxygen levels.

Many people make this mistake, I think because we think about the relationship between O2 and CO2 in our breathing but that's not what's going on in our tanks.

I'm not saying you didn't have low oxygen, only that it is unrelated to alkalinity and pH
levels/issues.

PanchoG,
I agree with what you stated.
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-09/rhf/
What you wrote was the point that I was trying to make. You said it better. C02 values can affect the relationship of Alkalinity and PH.

Back