Almost "No Effort" DIY Frag Racks for a $1!!!

TangerineSpeedo

Reefing since 1989
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2022
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
8,270
Location
SoCal
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dollar stores, a reefers paradise! From Crazy glue gel, to containers, to fraging tools. Now Dollar Tree has struck again, with $1 dollar racks in three different sizes and two colors (Black and White). The origins of these racks start out as various crafty peg boards, but with a drill (the little effort part) some really nice racks. I bought a few of each kind so I can switch them out when it comes time to clean them. A great feature is the mounting system. It coincides with SCH80 1/2 inch pipe. Note: if you buy the pre-cut nipples at your hardware store they are not snug, but if you get the riser adapter which is snug, you can screw on a nipple to a pre-cut height. But if you purchase a length of Sch80 1/2 pipe the inner diameter is the correct dimension.
Show me your application if you end up trying this.
@MoshJosh this ones for you!
IMG_2460.jpeg
IMG_2461.jpeg
IMG_2462.jpeg
IMG_2463.jpeg
 
It behaved like styrene. I was concerned with possible release agents, so I put them on sanitize cycle in the dish washer and then gave them a good rinsing after.
Technically according to my ICP, there is Uranium in my reef tank, so I don't know what reef safe is in this world anymore...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new