OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dustin, I don't know where the miscommunication is but 52 minutes after you submitted a ticket our support team responded, after hours, and gave you a list of things to try and do. We have not heard back from you after that email. Please respond to support and they will continue to help you or even schedule a call to resolve it with you over the phone or helping you with a screen share if necessary.

Terence,
My apologies! I did get the emails. To be completely honest I thought they were automated because they were almost instant. I was expecting a phone call. I read the email last night and got everything working. Just continue to have the disconnection issue. Again my apologies I will email your team back.

rmiles54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done that multiple times. Then the apex loses connection with the WiFi. Push the reset button on the apex for 5 seconds and reconnect. Then 5-10 minutes go by and the apex loses connection again....

I don’t have an apex controller but was having issues where my router, iPads, and AI director kept disconnecting. Director wouldn’t work WiFi or hardline. After hours of frustration and tech support turned out it was a bad cat6 cable connecting my router from the cable modem. Just a thought, either way it’ll work out, you’ll get it straight, get a replacement, or get your money back. BRS A+....Good luck...

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I’m done with this... complete reset on the apex and still not working either connected to the computer or WiFi.... laptop show it’s connect to the apex and it doesn’t show up on apex.local.

7AD3AB57-6921-4F70-AEB8-66A4610326CD.jpeg

5BACBD9E-AB78-4B5F-A819-81114726811D.jpeg

252279E7-1274-4DB1-A48D-98C1D4FFB20B.jpeg

Just curious, but are you making sure your phone/computer are on the same band as the Apex? If you have your phone set to auto on wifi it'll probably try to connect to the 5Ghz band, while the Apex probably uses the 2.4Ghz band.

Try putting your device on 2.4Ghz only wifi and try connecting again.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some issues setting mine up but it was related to the security protocol. My older uverse box was set to WPA1 and apex needs WPA2. Once I resolved that it has worked flawlessly knock on wood

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call Neptune, let them take over the set up. I had purchased right after the release and had one with a faulty card. The replacement hasn’t had any problems, they set the address to a different number, it’s worked flawlessly. Also WiFi only.

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had WiFi troubles too but once I watched several set up videos and followed all the steps on the set up on Neptune’s site it’s purring like a kitten

rickster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here after I worked out the minor kinks setting it up, it's been rock solid for months, and Apex support helped out right away, they were great. Just my 2 cents...

OP
OP
D

dustint21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the slow reply! Been super busy! Terence and everyone at Neptune have been super helpful! They have called and emailed multiple times! Great service! I believe my issue is with the WiFi and security! The apex as not disconnected from WiFi for 48 hours. I believe I’m on the right track! Thanks for everyone’s assistance it helping me resolve my issues!

coil1002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the slow reply! Been super busy! Terence and everyone at Neptune have been super helpful! They have called and emailed multiple times! Great service! I believe my issue is with the WiFi and security! The apex as not disconnected from WiFi for 48 hours. I believe I’m on the right track! Thanks for everyone’s assistance it helping me resolve my issues!
That' great to hear. I was very disappointed and angry when I went to set mine up as well but after I got it set up it's been rock solid.
Now do not get too ticked off with the salinity probe. Let it sit for a week before you try to calibrate it. Then when you do calibrate it, float the solution in your tank so it matches temp then calibrate. Mine has been spot on since.

jkapit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their support is first rate. It is a sophisticated product and like me you needed some assistance in setting it up and stay connectd to the internet.

Anyone considering this product should be confident it works as intended. I absolutely think it is a fantastic product with fantastic support.

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F

Thats funny! When I do auto calibrate it says to stick the probe in the 4.00 packet.... maybe they should include that info in the start up manual..... oh wait there isn’t one!
There are many places to find information on the Apex including a web forum. If you go there you can find any answer you might have

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't calibrate the orp probe, btw.

+1
you do not calibrate orp.
The disconnection probably has to do with the WiFi OR you’re doing something incorrectly with set-up? There’s the possibility that the unit is faulty, however, I have to say as a person who is AWFUL at technology, the set-up process for the apex was pretty tough for me. I had to reread everything about 3 times before I tried connecting anything and it was very slow going.

Orp calibration is pointless. No idea why there’s even an option. All you care about with ORP is change from baseline.

The reason there's a calibration mode for the orp probe, is it can be used as a second pH probe. Also, did you do the firmware update? After connecting to wifi, you'll probably have to perform a firmware update. This is what I did when I set up mine recently. I did have an issue with the pH probe not calibrating, but they sent me a new one after sending the defective one back. I hope you get this sorted soon. I would call/email Neptune systems first. The have great support. Good luck!

Wrong wrong wrong and wrong. You can calibrate the ORP probe and it’s important if you run ozone to get a true reading.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong wrong wrong and wrong. You can calibrate the ORP probe and it’s important if you run ozone to get a true reading.

From my understanding you don’t NEED to calibrate the probe. I don’t run ozone, nor do many reefers, so I guess it’s not as important to me as the other readings, albeit interesting.

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an added note. I disabled the salinity probe for a week cuz got tired of the text for the crazy readings and previous poster suggested here and the Neptune forum. I let it sit in it’s spot for about a week, rinsed it in rodi water replaced it in the holder and turned it on. Spot on for the last two days. Fingers crossed.
As a side note once the basic set up was finally done due to WiFi lagging, I went to fusion to finish up. Apex.local was taking too long and this seemed like a good work around. Not sure if it’s proper, but worked FWIW.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back