Always read but never posted

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all been reef keeping since the late 80's read a lot of threads on this forum but never posted so here it goes. My current reef is fairly new, 12/03/20, 300 custom built room divider 56" x 36" x 36". Roughly 200 lbs of dry rock with small amount of 00 sand, 100lbs or so. This tank was built by Titan Aquatic Exibits in Arizona it has a center overflow which I aquascaped with a combination of live rock and Free Form Habitat epoxy putty. I wanted a look reminiscent of a dive I did in Fiji called the pinnacle. Tank was cycled with Dr. Tims amonia and bacteria. I currenly have 21 fish various Tangs, Black Axial Chromis, several Anthias, 2 Snow Storm Clowns, several Rose, Rainbow and Green Bubble Tip Anemones, mostly soft corals but I do have some space reserved closer to the top for some SPS. Just a start to the description and intro for now.
Welcome!

Would love to see photos and think your design to remind you of particular dive is outstanding idea!!! Glad you joined and shared.

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1626278982967.png

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all been reef keeping since the late 80's read a lot of threads on this forum but never posted so here it goes. My current reef is fairly new, 12/03/20, 300 custom built room divider 56" x 36" x 36". Roughly 200 lbs of dry rock with small amount of 00 sand, 100lbs or so. This tank was built by Titan Aquatic Exibits in Arizona it has a center overflow which I aquascaped with a combination of live rock and Free Form Habitat epoxy putty. I wanted a look reminiscent of a dive I did in Fiji called the pinnacle. Tank was cycled with Dr. Tims amonia and bacteria. I currenly have 21 fish various Tangs, Black Axial Chromis, several Anthias, 2 Snow Storm Clowns, several Rose, Rainbow and Green Bubble Tip Anemones, mostly soft corals but I do have some space reserved closer to the top for some SPS. Just a start to the description and intro for now.
Can't wait to see pictures!!! Welcome to the salty family!!
Discovery Breach GIF by Shark Week

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back