Am I being difficult?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure the black jacket analogy applies, since coral coloration is so variable due to lighting and other conditions, but I do get your point.

My point was simply that the lighting between your photos and the LA photo do not look very similar at all, so it's very difficult to form any useful opinion about the coral's color. And I still don't believe it's in LA's interest to doctor their photographs, so I find it hard to believe that they would spend the time to do this. If that is indeed the case, then it's safe to deduce that the same coral can have the appearance shown in both sets of photos depending on the lighting or other factors that we don't know about.

What might be nice is if all sellers either put a disclaimer in their sales 'remember our corals are photographed using xxxx method / color temperature and though the coral you receive will be the one in the picture we cant guarantee the color under your lighting will exactly match'

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back