Am I being difficult?

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your not, that's a lot of mess ups. I get most of my corals from unique corals, exactly what you see, healthy, quick, and if something happens (like my whole order bombed due to UPS being grounded in the cold) they refund everything and will do so quickly, great customer service.

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do t have time to load the photos yet. Made a quick stop at home before having to go again. It’s full extended and the green is all but gone. What I have now is a purple sinulara with lighter purple almost pink tentacles. Still no yellow. Nothing even close.

Edited to add. It could still yellow up. Gonna give it a few days under the 10k. Maybe the yellow will develop.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they advertise it as a certain color? or was it just a photo?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Fiji Yellow leather

1569951660453.png

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they advertise it as a certain color? or was it just a photo?

It was on divers den which is wyswyg. It also had a written description. Yellow sinulara with pink polyps. The picture shown on DD is in the first post I made.

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I have right now that it’s extended. I don’t think it’s going to turn yellow but I could be wrong.

A60BBF58-5520-43E4-A66A-C706979DE135.jpeg

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to wonder if they didn’t do some light adjustments or use a filter because the coraline algae on the base appears dark red. Where as in normal light it’s the usual purple.

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have to wonder if they didn’t do some light adjustments or use a filter because the coraline algae on the base appears dark red. Where as in normal light it’s the usual purple.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know about colors. but the people there now must be new or something. I got a shipment today and each Item was in 4 heavy nested bags with each one inverted, they still leaked. I had a hard time getting stuff out and it made a huge mess.
The stuff I got seems ok.

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know about colors. but the people there now must be new or something. I got a shipment today and each Item was in 4 heavy nested bags with each one inverted, they still leaked. I had a hard time getting stuff out and it made a huge mess.
The stuff I got seems ok.

Glad it looks okay. Hopefully it recovers without issue.

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture from the front. Okay now I’ll give it a few days and see what happens.

8BF44A00-A2CC-49AB-A0EA-5612BA435FDF.jpeg

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live aquaria has sent me another email stating I received the correct coral. Which tells me they aren't going to fix this and their color/light manipulated photo is seen as acceptable business practices.
To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I never thought I'd have to put them on the list of sellers who you can't trust with their WYSWYG pictures.
So be warned and be very careful with your choice of online sellers.
I sure hope Live Aquaria goes far on the 130.00 they fleeced from me. It will be the last 130.00 I can promise you that.

PhreeByrd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the OP's disappointment, but it does seem pretty obvious that he did receive the actual coral in LA's description.
I would be skeptical about the idea that LA 'doctors' their photos. I strongly question whether they would really take the time required to do that just for the purpose of deceiving their customers this way.
There is obviously a huge difference in the lighting between the photos, however, which, as we all should know, has a great affect on the apparent coloration of corals. Both the light intensity and the color temperature are much different. The OP's photos do not look like 10k lighting to me at all.

GraniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are being difficult, if you look at the branching structure on the LA picture and yours I can see it is the same coral. You are the reason LA is getting more strict on this because too many knuckleheads want to return their corals once their tank can’t recreate some magical parameters that accentuate a coral to the max. You’ve done it more than once too, I think it’s LA that’s getting fleeced not you.

OP
OP
MixedFruitBasket

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the OP's disappointment, but it does seem pretty obvious that he did receive the actual coral in LA's description.
I would be skeptical about the idea that LA 'doctors' their photos. I strongly question whether they would really take the time required to do that just for the purpose of deceiving their customers this way.
There is obviously a huge difference in the lighting between the photos, however, which, as we all should know, has a great affect on the apparent coloration of corals. Both the light intensity and the color temperature are much different. The OP's photos do not look like 10k lighting to me at all.

So, if you paid 150.00 for black jacket online, with the description of it being a black jacket, and when it arrived it was green, purple, or maroon you'd be okay with the seller telling you it's the difference in lighting? Or would you want your money back (in the least store credit) or your black jacket?

If the written description hadn't said yellow and pink I would have chocked it up to my mistake of going by a photo. (I've done it before, bought one I swore was pink but didn't read the description and it was purple and green. In that case it was my error for not looking at the whole thing.)

Luckily a higher up at LA got in contact with me. Yes, he believes it's the same coral. But no, the selling photo was not a good representation of what I wound up with. He offered me my money back. I told him store credit was fine because I buy a lot from them. They're pretty much the only place I will buy fish from because no one around here has healthy stock.

As for whether or not I took the photo under 10K+Kessil on white (the last one I changed out all my bulbs, the first photo I still had a few coral plus) I'll be more than happy to shoot you my address and you can come out and inspect them for yourself.

PhreeByrd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure the black jacket analogy applies, since coral coloration is so variable due to lighting and other conditions, but I do get your point.

My point was simply that the lighting between your photos and the LA photo do not look very similar at all, so it's very difficult to form any useful opinion about the coral's color. And I still don't believe it's in LA's interest to doctor their photographs, so I find it hard to believe that they would spend the time to do this. If that is indeed the case, then it's safe to deduce that the same coral can have the appearance shown in both sets of photos depending on the lighting or other factors that we don't know about.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back