Am I Maxed Out?

Pianoman

Mini Master Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 30g, just wanted to know what you guys think the max out on fish is for a 30g. I have a small pair of clowns, a small yellow watchman and a small sixline wrasse. I think I could get away with one more tiny, tiny fish but I dont want to over stock my tank. What is your guys opinion? And any ideas for another tiny, tiny fish that is not a damsel?

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rule that I learned was one inch of fish per 5 gallons!
By this rule you could keep a 10" naso tang in a 50gal tank. Not a good rule IMO. I think these are rules that pet stores come up so they have something to tell customers to make them selves sound like they know what they're talking about.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 30g, just wanted to know what you guys think the max out on fish is for a 30g. I have a small pair of clowns, a small yellow watchman and a small sixline wrasse. I think I could get away with one more tiny, tiny fish but I dont want to over stock my tank. What is your guys opinion? And any ideas for another tiny, tiny fish that is not a damsel?
Do you have a good skimmer? Your close to your limit but I think you could get away with adding something like a trio of chromis or cardinals. Just watchout for your 6-line. As they mature they can get nasty.

OP
OP
Pianoman

Pianoman

Mini Master Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a good skimmer? Your close to your limit but I think you could get away with adding something like a trio of chromis or cardinals. Just watchout for your 6-line. As they mature they can get nasty.

I do have a pretty good skimmer, I'm not gonna be adding a fish anytime soon though. Since my tank is basically all SPS and Zoa, with an LPS and a small Ric. Garden, I'll have to keep my water very, very clean. Thanks for the help though guys.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back